Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

It’s not 3 up front. Connolly and O’Dowda will be on the wing

Is there enough legs in that 3 man midfield ??

Spock will be on the wing with Connolly

1 Like

Will he Trek back ??

4 Likes

Highly Illogical

Kick long and prosper

1 Like

While I have made plenty of posts about Spock on here running him down due to him coming across as a bit of an oddball, i do genuinely wish him well.

The importance of the senior national team cannot be underestimated at this time given the financial situation the FAI find themselves in, the relative quality of the crop we have coming through and the fact that Kenny is seen as a League of Ireland man who has earned his stripes.

If he does struggle to make the step up then it may well be a long time before someone with a similar profile will be considered for the gig again but if he is a qualified success it certainly would be a big shot in the arm for the domestic game.

I think qualifying for the 2022 World Cup is probably a step too far for this group even with the young lads coming through as they are all relatively young and will need a few years to establish themselves but if we got to the play offs while blooding and building a new team it would be a fine achievement for Kenny and set us up for a great crack for Euro 2024.

Hopefully Kenny can get the team playing solid football too but international football is a results business and I would have little qualms if we are pragmatic or overly defensive and look to grind teams down and play on the counter as long as we are organised and getting results and honest performances. But there seems to be a prevailing air that we are going to be a far more progressive or attacking side under him which I’m sure is his intention but may not come to pass which may be used as a stick to beat him with if we have a shaky run under him.

6 Likes

Good points there.

In the main most people will take pragmatic football if it gets results .

When is the draw for WC qualifying groups?

Not sure but qualifying starts next March so assume sometime in November.

I’d assume we will be a third seed for it

1 Like

He gets results you stupid public

If @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy thinks Kenny is a prick then Kenny has my full support

He is wrong about everything so that’s a decent call

Hourihane ffs…

One of the Cark lads has been leaking team news

Bit of a farce that Germany Spain is free on Virgin Media and we have to pay to watch Ireland at the same time

Kenny is wearing a suit doing some interviews now.

I’ll be disappointed if he’s not wearing a tracksuit on the touchline later on.

I think the law stipulates that Nations Cup & World Cup games are protected to free to air tv . I assume the Nations League is not protected

Nations cup AND nations league?

What kind of black magic is this @EstebanSexface?