Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Aiden?

Short term 3-5-2 Is the way to go as it suits us to accommodate Doherty, Coleman, Duffy, Egan and Stevens.

But Kenny obviously has it in his head that down the road the current under 21s are better suited to a 4-3-3.

1 Like

I’ll guess Robbie Keane in that brief window

Did he score for Ireland before he left for Russia? I don’t know.

Nevermind, he scored his first goal in 2011 @Bandage

Statistically the 2nd best RB in the premier league over the last 2 years. Better than Kyle Walker going forward.

I thinks lot of the problem is the better players are good in their club systems. Not good enough to adapt. Egan plays in weird but effective back three at Sheffield and I think Doherty also is limited in what way he plays. Hourihane is just hourihane

2 Likes

Doherty has done fuck all for Ireland

He’s done more than you

6 Likes

Did he score the Equaliser at home to Austria in the 1-1 draw too? Scored what proved to be a goal in vain at home to Denmark in the 5-1 defeat the same year (2017).
Edit: Maybe that was Walters and Duffy had a late goal ruled out against Austria

I’d say my contribution to Irish football is 0.

His is negative

Johnny Walters scored against Austria thar day

Duffy might have had one disallowed

1 Like

No midfielders to play one-twos with, he ain’t a machine of an athlete who can get up and down at will and drive past opposing fullbacks. He does what he does at Wolves through clever interplay.

The excuses continue to be made for the coward

I’d say the main benefit of 3-5-2 in the short term is getting two strikers on the pitch close to goal. McGoldrick, and at a push, Long are the only acceptable players to lead the line but offer little goal threat. Connolly was bright and Idah showed glimpses. Playing 2 also offers a role for Obafemi who, according to Spock, doesn’t suit the current formation

a lot of people going very lighty on spock here

1 Like

Dan McDonnell pleading on twitter already for people to see the positives.

Patience is needed here.

But we should shoot Hourihane and Doherty with balls of their own shite.

They weren’t hoofing the ball. Randolph wasn’t booting it out of his hands. The ball was played on the floor. That made me happy but I’m easily pleased.

You agree with the shootings though right.