Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Outside a few cameos off the bench, Shane Long hasn’t performed for Ireland either

No . Very little tbh . He is now 24 so it is a while since he played u21 ??

Played against new zealand last year under mick, obviously terrible opposition but stood out a mile. If he plays for west ham next few weeks Cullen has to come into the reckoning. Molumby and Idah have to move back to under 21s. Both miles off the standard at the moment.

If he plays well in a West Ham team then he is worth a chance . My issue with the set up so far is that he is picking players based on underage games .

I hope the whole thing work well but signs are not great albeit at a very early stage

I have to be honest, saw molumby a few times at millwall, thought he looked class but looked a mile off the pace yesterday. Still young but has to go back to under 21s. Parrott will be interesting over next few weeks. If he starts well for millwall which i think he will, he has to be in squad for Slovakia. He’s choice of friends may be questionable but i think this lad is going to be a star. Kenny seems to stick rigidly with Idah shunting Parrott out to left wing to accommodate Idah under 21 so will be interesting to see who gets the nod.

1 Like

Coleman was good for Everton post lock down.

What’s the story with Mick McCarthy?

He’s a prick.

He was, Kenny should switch to 3 at the back to accommodate Coleman because Duffy and Egan look a bombscare at the back. Both look to be caught for pace.

I’ve been thinking about this, I think Eoin Hand should be Ireland manager ahead of Stephen Kenny.

We need 3 at the back, attacking wing backs, a deep lying playmaker, a double pivot, someone in the hole, and a false 9.

Kenny needs to get this done.

1 Like

I don’t follow the soccer but there was some low user of words from Dublin on the news yesterday speaking on behalf of the national squad. I thought to myself, where’s Mick McCarthy? I thought they brought him back. Corona back with the family job probably.

I hope you’re fucking happy @Ashman

I think the current job was always a stop gap . Good luck to him in the future .

Ahh hello ???

Time for Dela to come home.

3 Likes

Quinner didn’t want the top job, but wanted instead for the FAI to make up some plum role for him with fuck all responsibility and plenty of dough.
Owens is a shrewd operator, I’d imagine he saw the media shite hawkery around Barretts appointment last week and said fuck that for a game of soldiers. He could pick up the same salary sitting on a few boards doing fuck all and without all the hassle.

2 Likes

And hes still our best player

Pretend soccer supporters thread.