Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Dela travelled the length and breadth of the country morning, noon and night visiting clubs and engaging with the grassroots.

Quinn wanted to sit in the VIP Section at home games so the cameras might catch a glance of him.

3 Likes

I like it.

Was he not in the SKY Studio?

Which is a pity for Kenny when he only has a Junior B squad

The Irish football writer brigade is fierce defensive of Kenny. A few pieces I’ve read this morning have had fairly snarky comments in them. Calling people online cranks (fair enough in my case) and stuff for identifying issues with the two displays. Already signs that it’s going to become polarised when it needn’t be.

I also believe that some of the writers pushing the line that it was very naive to expect we’d do any better and how any criticism is unwarranted (because the required culture / style change will take time) would have been among the first to laud Kenny and ridicule his predecessors if we had won the two games.

Yes but when he took the gig last January, he would have expected to have been in the Corporate Section of the Aviva.

Then life got in the way in March…

the newstalk crew for years have been saying we should play morw football

some embarrassment if its proven we cant

1 Like

We should have been targeting at least 4 points from a double header with Bulgaria and Finland. We beat Bulgaria 3-1 with a heavily rotated team under Big Mick. Finland have already qualified for the Euros but they’re a limited enough team on paper.

Staunton-esque, after 4 training sessions and 2 games. Staunton and Kenny are worlds apart. 3 decades of agricultural kicking it long football and because Kenny can’t change it in 6 days the knives are already out with the dingbats. Do you want us to go back to drawing 0-0 in Tblisi and some Championship level Manager telling us we should be happy with the draw, that it’s a tough place to go and win

1 Like

They’ve a vested interest. This is their man. The man they’ve lauded for years, lecturing the Irish fans on how good he’s been in the IPL.

Drawing 0-0 in Tbilisi is better than losing to Finland mate

6 Likes

That’s a tough place to go and get a result.

4 Likes

You gotta look at the bigger pal, things will get worse before they get better

Obafemi Byrne scales and Cullen would make things better instantly

1 Like

Scotland and Denmark failed to win there. Wales only drew with them in Cardiff.

Scales cant get a game for Shamrock Rovers but keep trying mate.

His utterances to the media are Staunton esque. He simply isn’t comfortable in front of a microphone or camera. There can be no denying of this.

I have no issue with giving him time but there are legitimate questions from the two games against mediocre opposition who were consistently able to play through us and how what was our strongest unit in the last campaign looked like two strangers playing together. I don’t expect Kenny to turn us into Bayern Munich overnight but I think he is setting himself and the team up to fail if he thinks we can press consistently high up the field and play possession football - a more balanced approach is needed

1 Like

He can and does

We’re just shit lads , that’s an unfortunate simple truth

4 Likes

Never seen them so defensive of a manager as they were last night or today. Actually aggressively defensive on social media. Now in fairness it is very early days for Kenny but it couldn’t have been much of a worse start. Shane Duffy saving him from two defeats to Bulgaria and Finland. Two deeply average sides.

1 Like