Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Our team of the 00s would all have come through English academies in the 90s… Before English teams were bringing in kids from every corner of the world. It’s no coincidence that we’ve regressed as English teams have cast their nets wider . We also put most of our money into the administration of the FAI and sweet fuck all into our domestic league or youth structures over the last 20 years. It’s still the standard pipeline to England for young lads… hopefully Brexit has an adverse effect and we see a lot more talented lads play senior football here or go to Europe instead of the drain that is the English academies… Very few of our lads are coming out the right end of them.

1 Like

We could have winning a world cup. that chance (a chance) will never happen again. look the players were there in the 80’s/90’s and in 2002 without our best player, where we came closest to reaching a semi final. I’m livid

2 Likes

Only one option to replace spock. Bring back Johnny Giles and eamon dunphy

Bring livid for 18 years isn’t good for you. Let it go.

1994 AI is worse tbh, but Ireland had some great players, I’ll never let it go

Don’t tell me there’s folk out there who think Dan McDonnell is a proper journalist ?

1 Like

What’s a proper journalist?

2 Likes

Woodward and bernstein

Someone with Roy Curtis’s flair, Tom Humphrey’s eloquence, Con Houlihan’s everyman appeal and Cathal Dervan’s impartiality.

You’ve ruined my day right there

Ewan won’t like being omitted

Spock surely has to go.

This already has the feel of a set up that’s going nowhere. A bad start in the qualifiers and Spock will get the push

I havent read a tap about this - but why are they all jumping ship? Saving their own ‘good’ name?

Kelly went for “COVID reasons”.

Duff seems to have been unhappy for months. I read somewhere he felt there was no need to apologize over the England video “scandal” and has been stewing since

2 Likes

Things must be bad if Alan Kelly walked away; he was more or less a lifer with Ireland set ups and will no longer have a handy pay cheque to collect.

Duff and Kelly both walked away because of the raucous pre-England video. Kelly because he was offended by it, Duff because he was offended by people being offended by it. What a mess.

If kelly was offended by that then i am delighted he is gone.

1 Like

Kelly must have been some sort of shoulder to cry on for the players or a “player’s man” given he has been involved under so many different management teams. Maybe he was good at the dressing room ‘banter’

Mick Byrne getting too old to jump on beds has been disastrous for banter in the camp.

1 Like

Are our lads not exempt from Brexit? Might be more going over if anything