Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

out of his depth maybe, but the players are not there. sky sports/brits have destroyed Irish football

They have 3 players who are better than anyone we have but they have some mediocrity there too .

Serbia are another Eastern European country in Football decline . Declining population , no immigration and declining investment in game . Sad to see

1 Like

Is that Joe Garner that didn’t exactly shoot the lights out at Glasgow Rangers ??

Some amount of talent in that area in the 90s and afterwards in spells.

1 Like

As I said at the time Spock played his hand way too early. The team McCarthy had was on its last legs full of players in their late 20s and early 30s while the likes of the Idah, Knight, Molumby et al were still 18 months to 2 years off becoming relatively solid pros. He should have stayed with the under 21s and got them to the European Championships, building a strong bond with them and improving his media skills and learning on the job.

Let Mick have the Euro 2020 play off and the WC 2022 qualifying campaign which we have a very slim chance of qualifying for and let that group flame out and come to their natural end. Kenny could have come into the job in November 2021 a bit more savvy and with a lot more goodwill after getting the under 21s to the Euros. With a group of young players a year further on in their development and could blood them at will as the older lads are pushed aside in a competition where third place pretty much guarantees a play off.

Instead he forced the FAIs hand and they were happy to do so as there is a significant cost saving for them but Kenny now is in no mans land and incapable of turning it around IMHO. He also torpedoed the under 21s qualifying chances for good measure too.

10 Likes

I’ll never forgive his nephew for the pen miss (Kilbanes miss after was far worse) but Kelly is now an official tfk cunt

I have been a fan since I saw the Red Star Belgrade team in 1990 . There is a savage book to be wrote on Yugoslavian football from 1990 ( and before ) to today . The break up and the new associations . @mickee321

1 Like

Imagine if the old Yugoslavia had held together? Easily a World Cup or a Euros in that team.

2 Likes

Ability wise yes but it would have been hard to get dressing room harmony .

:smile:

Who do you think is Alan Kelly’s nephew? Ian Harte?

1 Like

I just saw Kelly and got 5

euro 2032 final will be between Luxembourg and Switzerland comprising of only balkan players

3 Likes

Serbia should be getting a bounce soon from the u20 world cup side from 2015.

1 Like

tbh mick.
kenny couldnt force anyones hand as he wouldn’t have the nous politically.
it was more a combination of big mick walking out on his country as he knew the goose was cooked from early doors and from a financial perspective the pittance they pay kenny was an easier alternative

Just take that Croatia team, add in Tadic, Dzeko, Pjanic, Oblak and a few more. Be some side. That’s before you even consider the likes of Ibra who’d never have left in this scenario

He’s done. Move on.

We need to stop taking immigrants from countries who are shit at football

1 Like

Yet you forgive Keane for walking out.

Like the Arles’s they’d most likely have done fuck all together. Actually Yugoslavia is a very good comparison for them @Kid_Curry

1 Like