Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Pats would take him, I think I speak for all Saints fans

Hopefully it works out for him, be interesting to see if more Irish players move to European clubs now.
Would be small (if any) transfer fee so might see a few moves

Tall fella, works in the Central Bank?

1 Like

Philip O’Doherty , 60, chairman of Derry City FC, has also achieved a significant goal, almost doubling his riches at the head of his engineering company to €606m

@ChairmanDan , can you get me the net worth of all LOI owners please
Rovers, Derry & Galway are huge, what bout the rest

I’m not the man for this particular task. I know little or nothing about the League of Ireland. Its not an area of interest.

delegate

no - an abattoir cavan side of derrylin

1 Like

Agree 100

kabia on bench for livingstone v celtic

Duffy starting for Celtic and Hourihane going to start getting games for Swansea is not good. Both will more than likely start for Ireland. Dont rate either.

Assist for Jayson Molumby at Preston

thats an interesting career move from John, one would wonder was it the more laid back cavan lifestyle or the gory lure of the slaugherhouse that led him to cash in his chips at the central bank?

Josh Cullen seems to be going fairly well in Belgium. Hope he starts in the first qualifier

1 Like

Watched a good bit of Preston v Reading there, Alan Browne is a very strong player and seems to be their real go-to man. If he’d a little bit more football he’d be Premier League standard.

I could see him getting a move to somewhere like Burnley. He has the engine of Hendrick, but doesn’t hide and understands defensive responsibility.

Molumby is a nice, tidy player but I don’t know has he got it physically yet. Saw him pushed off the ball a few times.

John O’Shea is coaching at Reading, saw him messing with a laptop.

Good insight into Roy Keane at Ipswich in the Indo yesterday. Of his two coaches, one is now at Barca and the other is Dyche’s assistant at Burnley.

I read that. They reckoned Keane did better at Sunderland because he wasn’t at the training ground every day. Ipswich haven’t been back in the Premier League since 2002 so I wouldn’t be too harsh on him for not getting them back into the big time. People often overlook the solid job he did at Sunderland. Taking over a team bottom of the championship after 6 games and winning the league. He kept them in the Premier League the first season too. Recruitment was a haphazard at times though.

2 Likes

Recruitment was very haphazard. Irishmen and ex United players. And declining to sign Robbie Savage due to his Whazzzzup voicemail message :grin:

1 Like

Didn’t he have a budget of nearly double any of his rivals in the Championship when he took over Sunderland?

Not sure about the budget but you’d often see teams go down from the Premier League and sink much further. Think they’d lost 5 of the first 6 so it was a fair achievement to turn things around with the help of one window and win that division. Sunderland were relegated with a very meager tally the previous season too.

Yeah Yorke,Miller, Connolly and Graham Kavanagh I think😅

Keane must have bought about 20 players in his first season.

bazunu had another howler last night there for Rochdale
think mark Crossley for Forest v Palace fa Cup 3rd round 2nd replay in 1990

not the first one either