Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

For beating a team of milkmen and postmen?

1 Like

More people watched the soccer side play a bunch of post men and milk men this afternoon than the rubby team at a WC cup against NZ.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree itā€™s not a vintage Irish team but I think given the nature of international football you sometimes find that the lack of preparation levels the playing field. Teams who quickly become organised and difficult to break down can prosper. Just look at Costa Rica in the 2014 World Cup for an example of a limited team who ousted Uruguay, England and Italy in the group.

This current group is no worse than the Northern Ireland squad who were very competitive under Michael Oā€™ Neill. The likes of Macedonia at this Euros or Albania at Euro 2016 are picking from an even weaker pool of players.

Whataboutery

Looking forward to seeing the numbers

Sure what about it?

I see norn iron are a goal down

Kenny hasnt been brave enough in my opinion. McClean is done as a player, Hourihane woeful and Collins must be the worst player iā€™ve ever seen for Ireland.

No man, they were 1-0 down on 52mins, I donā€™t think many people expected us to score 4 on them after that, we would have prayed for a 2-1 win , give em credit for showing a even a little bit of fight

2 Likes

I only saw from minute 52 to 70 where we went from 1-0 down to 2-1 up and have had limited opportunity to read post match reaction. But I see Dan McDonnell referencing the Andorran that scored against us in 2001 (I attended that game in the old bucket seats behind the goal) and who was involved today. He said if Troy Parrott has similar longevity heā€™ll be firing us to Euro 2044. Lolz.

2 Likes

Ildefons Lima has played international football in four different numbered decades - the 1990s, the 2000s, the 2010 and the 2020. I canā€™t imagine thereā€™s a long list of players who have done that. Has anybody else? Peter Shilton maybe?

Buffon could still do it.

They mentioned that he joined jari lithmunen in playing over 4decades

Litmanen

Casillas?

Zlatan

Based on tonight youā€™d have to fancy the boy Parrott to be still playing in 2040.

Curtis, McClean, Hourihane and Collins should never see an Irish jersey again.

Curtisā€™ casual attempt at that empty net mustā€™ve been infuriating for Kenny.

whatā€™s happened to Hourihane at all?
I was listening to the playoff final on talksport last weekend and when he was taken off the commentator was mentioning about it " not really happening from him today". seems to sum up his ;ast few yearsā€¦does he even have a club at the moment?
Id say heā€™ll head back to Barnsley

Heā€™s a ā€œniceā€ player who lacks confidence in himself. Unconfident ā€œniceā€ players arenā€™t worth a fuck.

2 Likes