Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

when he was flying at wolves as a RWB in a 352 that imbecile mick macarthy played him v gibraltar on the LHS of a 442
there is a stephen ireland element to doherty as well…he does not need the ROI i think and he knows it. tbh if he was to step away it wouldnt suprise me - he needs to be loved

1 Like

It’ll all depend on Troy lads.

He definitely has something about him and if he could develop into a proper player then we’ll have something to build around.

One above average player can make a big difference at international level if you play to that players strengths and be aware of your limitations elsewhere.

Mostly lefties for whatever reason

The vast majority of international football is about having a top class goalscorer and a top class keeper. You’ll do alright everywhere else and will punch way above your weight if you have both of those

2 Likes

That moment when he cut in and was bearing down on goal was as good as it has been in a fair while.

If he was above average he wouldn’t be slumming it in the Championship

if we had robbie brady, hendricks , jack byrne, “troy” and stephen quinn in the side we’d have a grand team of gurriers

that young lad from the 21s as well, from ballymun, plays for bohs, got the winner v australia yesterday… get him in there as well

The cork lads are too nice, fuck all cut to them

The fella of the longs was playing msl not so long ago too. Some breeding ground for talent :joy:

that tyrieke character from Ovens maybe?

Just become hard to beat. That’s your starting point.

It’s why we had some good times under Trap and MON.

Kenny is deluded though and will proceed with his ‘project’.

One of the Quinn brothers did a bit of painting for me before
He told me the Crumlin Utd third team kick about on a Tuesday was one for the ages…ex pros / convicts/ etc all from one street knocking it about

fucking sound lad in fairness…didnt have it easy…

2 Likes

You can be as hard to beat as you want, without someone to put the ball in the goals you’re pissing into a strong wind.

Robbie Keane made the difference so many times with a hatchers goal here and a tap in there.

Look at what’s there now. A fucking embarrassment in comparison

1 Like

Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy were on the bench for Leicester in 2013 in that Troy Deeney last minute winner and shirt off match in the championship play-offs. Things can change very quickly.

2 Likes

Similar profile to Parrot.

Kane went to leyton orient, millwall, norwich then leicester before going back to spurs, hardened up.

Parrots first goal was very reminiscent of Kane. Even the way he runs

4 Likes

Hard to believe Mick McCarthy has signed James Collins for Cardiff. If this Johansson is as good as they say i would put him straight into midfield. Cullrn has been very disappointing and Hourihane woeful.

Parrott looks on a totally different wavelength to the rest of the players quick one twos but no one to play them with. I think the better players he plays with the better Parrott will be.

3 Likes

I’d rather Parrott went abroad than slummed it out in the lower leagues. Some midtable Dutch or Belgian team or something

He controlled a ball in the first half and it was top class.

He looks to be physically right there now too for a 19 year old.

1 Like

Yeah was a brilliant touch. Our lack of pace up front is killing us. Obafemi has to come into the mix even Ogbene. Parrott behind Connolly and Obafemi would be lively.

Robinson is our best attacking player at the moment