Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

Interesting article. A little bulky so I skimmed over it, though that seems to be more effort than the majority of the respondents here have done.

Interesting in how embarrassingly backward the HRC’s point of argument is. A more accurate and fitting name for the HRC would be the Commission for Certain Human’s Rights as Opposed to Certain Other Human’s Rights, though the acronym would be a mouthful.

Any one group, be they self-defined as a certain ethnicity/race, religion, nationality, culture or etc, who identifies itself by highlighting menial differences with other humans (ie, those who they do not permit as being within their self-defined description of the group), only provide fodder for their corresponding hateful/discriminative ideas (racism, sectarianism, nationalism etc) to chew upon. Pride of one’s religion (or more realistically, the inherited parents’ religion), skin color, established living customs, birthplace, or any other idealistic trait a person clings to despite their only contribution in qualifying is being born, is an idiotic notion. Equally and identically as idiotic as the hate that feeds on it. They deserve each other.

A statement in summation: “To rid our world of this discrimination, we must first starve it from that which it feeds”, thoughts?

Meas.

Nope is that a pre-requisite?

Well it helps. I’d say they’ll spot you a mile away.

[quote=“glasagusban, post:212, topic:17574, full:true”]

What has that got to do with anything? [/quote]

:joy:

FFS. How can you pontificate to the rest of us who’ve actually dealt with them if you have no experience of them yourself?

This is an incredible story. A nation by and large that is obsessed with grief can all relate to this family, feel sorry for them and ring joe duffy to talk about them but yet can’t actually do anything helpful for them because they are travellors.

1 Like

This thread has been a great source of entertainment over the past few days

6 Likes

https://youtu.be/u5sduw1WcWo

3 Likes

What have the travellers ever done for the Irish public except rob, taunt and terrorise? Like a previous poster said if it was any regular person who had went through the same tragedy would the council be falling over backwards to build them a free house?

4 Likes

Come on - you’ve surely got more SP clips than that! What about one from the homeless episode? “Chaaaange?!”

absolutely correct.

Again, where exactly is the queue being formed by these do gooders to help these people in a real and meaningful way? Forcing them into an environment that has stated it does not want them is not really helping them is it?

Reality here is that we are a great little country to stand up for the downtrodden, the minnow etc but only over the airwaves and on the internet. On the airwaves and on the internet we are as good as anyone on this planet, we are a lovely well meaning race of people full of generosity who just want equality across the board. I have a tear in my fucking eye typing that.

But will we walk out our own front doors and go down there and do something worthwhile about it?

Fuck that for a game of soldiers, isent that right @glasagusban ?

That one is apt. He’s getting great mileage out of it in fairness. Kudos Nembo!

I’m sure the Corcoran family in Tipperary could have a good go at answering that.

1 Like

:clap:

I take it you’re not a boxing fan Ray?

They solved a few crimes down @TreatyStones way.

4 Likes

and I’m not saying the travelers deserve anything but the countries obsession with grief is seriously back firing here. People need to cop on.

This thread will explode in about 3 hours when the sulky racing reality tv show starts.

Joe Ward was well beaten by the Cuban.

1 Like

The Cuban was more mobile than the traveller.

2 Likes