Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

Sometimes you say things which are right but you regret saying them at the same time. Has that not ever happened you pal no?

Along the lines that all travelers are thieving scum. He shat his pants fairly quickly and withdrew it. :grinning:

1 Like

The cunt!!!

Pavee point have my number I had to act quick.

Question for the lads who reckon all travellers are cunts. What do ye propose is done about it? Iā€™m being serious here itā€™s not like they can be rounded up and shot as some have suggested. If they are to become fully functioning citizens of the state paying their own way, they will need to be housed educated and at the end of it all have access to work. Would any of you hire a traveller? What do you make of all the cuts to traveller education, training and housing initiatives over the last number of years as well. They were decimated. Do you think in the long run this is going to help the situation get better or worse!

1 Like

The PC brigade is super smug today i see. Nazis ffs. Not all travellers are cunts, some families and sites are very peaceful and decent, do their work, dont get involved with fueds or whatever. And some sites have families that are permanent criminals. And anyone who robs old people by force are flat out scum and should be shot. Its similar to the settled community in certain estates but the difference is the proportion of travelers involved in it exceeds the average of the non traveller community. How to deal with it, the same way you should deal with it in settled sinkhole estates. Cut welfare massively and increase training and opportunities for work. The state should ensure everyone is housed, fed, educated and has free healthcare. But it stops there, not at funding trips to spain on the dole. Another good start would be applying fines in court as reductions in welfare or seizures of property for people not in receipt of welfare. Clears the few prisons we have for violent or dangerous people only, hit minor offenders where it really hurts in the pockets. Problem is thereā€™s not enough entry level or low skill jobs available. And less so with foreign workers willing to work way harder at them.

2 Likes

Excellent use of the quote function Harry. :+1: Some travellers do finish school and some even on to third level education though. Some even have jobs would you believe it. Very few I grant you but itā€™s a start. If you were a young traveller lad what incentive at the moment can you see to take that path ā€¦

1 Like

:clap:

The site in Carrickmines was cleaner and more well-kept than most peopleā€™s sites. I drove past there regularly for a few years and you wouldnā€™t even know it was there.

1 Like

More power to any child from the Travelling Community willing to take schooling on board.

The main issue tends to be Parents not being interested in their kids going to school beyond Primary Level. Many tend to be afraid or wary of what the system can put into their kids heads ideals wise.

Thereā€™s a bit of truth to that no doubt but should we as a state not be investing time and money into changing that mindset.

So the state should be brainwashing people, but weā€™re the fascists

In fairness its pretty to keep throwing good money after bad.

wasnā€™t it Lord Haw Haw who said that the Irish army wouldnā€™t beat the Tinkers out of Galway during the emergency.

The fact is you could every fucking penny to the travel letā€™s but it wouldnā€™t make a difference. They have to want to take part in education, health care and all the other problems affecting the travellers. Until that happens you are just going round in circles.

Wrong.

I can continue to call out stupid and racist comments on here from @carryharry and @The_Most_Infamous and whoever else.

Iā€™m not interested in getting into a debate on what Iā€™d do to change the situation with people who actually prefer to be ignorant when it comes to this one issue.

That doesnā€™t make them any less stupid or racist.

ā€¦but how can I as an employer have faith in them to turn in the morning if their culture is to be a nomad?

Is the end game plan for all travelers to be settled or what? Are we as a society going to continue to pay for their sites?

1 Like

Theyā€™re not all the same and very many want access to jobs and housing.

So you donā€™t think then we should put up with the ones who want to live a nomadic lifestyle?