Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

Can we get back on topic.

I met a fucker on the way home the other evening coming down a steep enough hill against me. He was tipping along nicely & had a serious job to get the horse & trap stopped in front of me.
Poor fucking horse sliding to a halt.

The cunt starts waving the finger at me shouting you were coming too fast. I rolls down the window and pointed out I come up the hill the same speed every evening, he was going too fast & that if he pointed his finger at me again that he, his horse & trap wouldn’t be seen on the roads again.

The cruelty these cunts put horses through is sickening. But you have flutes trying to fight for their culture & rights. In the South Tipp region alone this year I think 4 or 5 horses have been left for dead on roadsides as the cruel cunts left them to die & after running the fucking life out of them.

But… They had rights you know. :rollseyes:

Robbing, thieving, lawless cunts.

14 Likes

Sorry where is my windmilling? I am simply debunking your nonsense and here you are now pivoting over to welfare as you’ve been caught talking shite again. :grinning:

Welfare is an entirely different issue, which along with our Corporation tax scheme, you have windmilled on before.

Congrats to Iceland for doing that, but that does not rebuke any of the following points;

• Ireland is one of the least corrupt countries in the world (factual, based on international rankings)
    Ireland has anti corruption laws (you were wrong, and made an incorrect statement that they did not)
  • Ireland has jailed bankers (fact)

Not once did I say Ireland didn’t have corruption or couldn’t improve.

You are from the school that blames everything on the “elites”, “politicians” or the “public sector”. I look for facts and ways that we can improve. That is not to say that I don’t see faults in any of those things and I point them out all the time, but people who come out with shit like “only in Ireland” or “banana Republic” need to get out more. Ireland is still one of the best countries in the world, being a crank 24/7 is a terrible way to live.

1 Like

Least corrupt country according to Transparency International who accepted donations from a company convicted of bribing politicians.

In January 2015 it was reported that Transparency International (TI) accepted $3 million from the German engineering multinational Siemens, which in 2008 paid one of the largest corporate corruption fines in history – $1.6 billion – for bribing government officials in numerous countries.

Good man Tim :joy:

I didn’t say least corrupt, I said one of the least corrupt.

And so what? That was part of Siemens efforts to clean up their act years later. They turfed out 80% of their senior executives and completely changed their culture.

You based your opinion on a survey carried out by an organisation who accepted donations from a company convicted of bribing politicians.

That’s your problem Tim, you take stats at face value without digging a little bit deeper to find out the real truth. God bless your trusting heart.

Transparency International measure on a COUNTRY basis, not on an individual company basis. Are you for real?

If it were a case that Transparency International were judge and jury on individual companies and accepted money from them before judging them, then you might have a point. You are dying to tie in some kind of “soft” approach from TI to a country based on an individual company giving them a grant. If North Korea were giving TI grants then you might have a point.

There are plenty of criticisms you can throw and them but this is just dumb.

I’d say about 10% of that happened

Internet hardman threatens real life traveller :rofl:

3 Likes

I can understand you wanting to believe TI. Your trusting but naïve heart is to be admired but when I hear Ireland being held up as a bastion of ethical behaviour I immediately smell a rat. Accepting donations from a company “which in 2008 paid one of the largest corporate corruption fines in history – $1.6 billion – for bribing government officials in numerous countries” immediately raises suspicion.

Ireland’s wealthiest man was found by a tribunal to have generated his wealth through corrupt payments to an Irish politician, one who is still a sitting TD. Our prosecution and conviction levels for white collar crime are minimal. Our government enacted legislation to enable non indigenous companies to avoid paying tax. Yet TI see Ireland as being squeaky clean?

How does it raise any suspicion?

The Index is about countries.
This was 4 years later and part of their “cleansing” of the company.

The fine was administered in their home country.

Denis O’Brien’s stuff was 20 plus years ago now pal…things change. 20 odd years ago I could point out any number of scandals in the same year in Western countries. Ireland has improved since that time - of that there is no doubt. Is corruption gone? Obviously not, it’s a constant battle and it’s no defence to what has happened before. But have some perspective and stop talking hyperbolic bollix.

1 Like

10% ?

:grinning:

1 Like

I have no reason to disbelieve that you live on a steep hill where pikeys congregate.

Id say it never happened at all.

Rolling down the window certainly didnt anyway :grin:…can you imagine that baldy lickarse saying anything to anyone offline…not a hope.

Back to the pretend farmers thread with that simpleton.

You want some? I’d have no problem giving a racist like yourself a clip.

The cunt very much so got a warning.

No need to act the hard man pal,

We all know you’re a lovely chap.

1 Like

Don’t mind them Harry. I thought it was a cool story.

@Carryharry kick your ass. @Carryharry kick your face. @Carryharry kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE!

Fuck me. Tullamore twice in a week

Is Siteserve 20 years ago? Fuck me them years flew.

Throw up the list of bankers jailed in the UK and Europe there and a per capita comparison