Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

If I had a child I’d be happy to have them being taught by @backinatracksuit.

Would juniper be high up on your list of first names?

1 Like

@backinatracksuit and @cheasty would have told her the only way she will be happy is to cut off her tits and shave her head.

1 Like

Probably not but neither would Fiadh or Noah and they’re first and second in the list of girls’ and boys’ names respectively.

I’d probably go for a nice gender neutral name like Shannon.

1 Like

Shannon is a lovely name.

Great Aussie Rules name, no AFL team in the 90s worth its salt didn’t have a player with the first name Shannon.

1 Like

Exactly.

I’d wager most parents would prefer to deal with this stuff themselves regardless.

This transitioning horseshit is worth millions per child to the pharma industry. A lifetime of hormones and surgeries.

1 Like

Youse lot need to stop putting words in other people’s mouths, mate

Sure by that rationale the whole of medical science is a fraud, because it generates profit.

The conspiracy mindset is fascinating.

Funny how nobody with a conspiracy mindset ever looks to see if conspiracy theories generate profit for their peddlers. :grin:

I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t have a child together, by their own logic at least

4 Likes

There’s nothing physically wrong with these people. Instead of butchering their bodies and pumping them full of chemicals maybe they should give them time to adjust and eventually accept themselves. Turning them into Frankensteins is not ideal in my humble opinion.

9 Likes

Gender reassignment has a lower rate of regret than marriage, ergo, by your rationale, ban marriage.

Views like yours are a major part of the reason why trans people experience higher rates of depression and suicidality, your views aren’t formed by any sort of good faith engagement with the issues but by sloganeering and bigotry.

:smile:

Sure

42% of marriages end in divorce, buddy.

A 2022 study by the Lancet finds a 0.3% regret rate among trans people.

Regret Rates of Gender-Affirming Surgery are Practically Non-Existent.

For instance, a 2022 Lancet study done in the Netherlands found that 98% of trans youth who went through gender-affirming healthcare continue their treatment into adulthood.

The 0.3% regret rate of our newest study is much smaller compared to other, common yet serious surgeries. Interestingly, knee replacement surgery has a dissatisfactory rate of 6-30%. The rate is up to 100 times that of gender-affirming surgery. However, knee replacement surgery does not go through the same scrutiny as trans healthcare does.

Are they equal sample sizes mate?

The study is there for you to read, buddy, you might not like it, but that’s not my problem. Your lot are losing the argument, no wonder yis have to resort to making up lies and propaganda in the media.

Marriage only results in metaphorical castration

1 Like

Are you comparing global divorce rates to the surgery satisfaction of a handful of dutch trans kids? That’s science right there.

OK clearly you aren’t prepared to take on board facts but given you’re anti-trans that was a given.