Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

Unreel. Unbelievable.

At least there’s a debate going. Game on now Ger.

Are there people here seriously trying to claim that a 50 something father of 7 who decides to “be” a 6 year old girl isn’t suffering from a mental disorder?

:joy:

6 Likes

:smile: Yes, yes there is.

But we are bigots for thinking so.

You couldnt make that up. :laughing:

@ironmoth - . Look at the absolute clowns who are following you in here… you won’t get an honest debate here if that’s what you are really looking for as the clowns will just drag it down.

Is there? All I saw was you posting some ape’s opinion, a load of shite talk, and then you getting the head clamped off you.

The screaming Mary busybodies who feel so threatened by transgender people are the only freaks here.

That tax payers in the UK fund this stuff is farcical.

The second big issue is that you aren’t allowed to hold an opposing view or even look into the possibility that radical surgery is not the answer.

Funding has dried up into research on the transgender matter as the regressive left will launch an wholesale assault on people who don’t conform to their viewpoint.

John Hopkins were pioneers in transgender surgery but won’t do it anymore, one professor can’t stop that.

id say Ironmouth wishes he stayed in bed today such is the pasting he is getting

I know very few transgender people, but the few I do all have serious issues, and had them before they switched over. Is it purely cause and effect? It’s not like once they have the op or whatever everything is sorted.

Excuse the ignorance on this would transgender folks consider themselves gay or straight?

It’s movable feast

People should be able to do what they want, except where they’re mentally ill. A person thinking they are one day 50 something and the next a 6 year old girl should not be indulged. At the very least it should give people pause for thought on this matter.

I’m right wing economically but I agree with John Locke in that it’s societies place to look after these people.

They have lived a life of conflict - Everything internally tells them they should be one thing while everything externally told them they had to be and live up to something else -who wouldn’t be messed up?

I actually spoke to a transgender person this am before getting the red eye from Corbally to Limerick City… I didn’t mention the thread on TFK to her … I just thought I’d let the board know is all.

1 Like

Hmmm

Are you going to have a read of this from ultra liberal Sweden?

Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

So you are admitting they are mentally ill then?

Funny you mention Locke because you sound locked.

Eh, what? It says that there should be more after care after gender reassignment surgery. That would seem obvious.

Edit: I wouldn’t describe Sweden as ultra liberal

Where did you get that?

You are trying to draw a line of hypocrisy to my belief that society should treat the mentally ill with the NHS treating transgender people. My contention is that evidence on these operations is that they don’t work for most. It isn’t treatment, it’s indulging it.