Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

Says the lad who flagged a post he didn’t like when the person just posted something for debate.

Did they have safe spaces in your university?

most post op ‘transgenders’ want to change back eventually.
are we to think they catch this transgender strain twice in their lifetime and they are simply the unluckiest group of people on the planet to get struck twice by the same rogue lightening bolt and low and behold each time it going in the opposite direction, or are they just stark raving bonkers.

I’m not trying to do anything, I actually pointed out your hypocrisy.

You then posted an excerpt from “ultra liberal (lol) Sweden” which contradicts your own baseless opinions, which is a curious way to try to make a point.

Anyway, you’re usually not worth replying to, more fool me for getting drawn in.

Sorry here glas but if you are calling me a hypocrite then you are admitting that this is a mental illness.

Sweden is seeing a reaction to their liberalism of the 20th century.

You are a hypocrite.

You’ve now contradicted yourself on the point of whose duty it to provide care for transgender people, and on the type of care that should be provided.

So I suppose you’re also an idiot.

So there we have it, glas has admitted that these people are mentally ill.

Well, it’s probably hard to get an honest debate going anywhere.

As for this particular topic, I’m not necessarily looking for a conspiracy angle, as Sid alluded to. I also don’t think we should be so fast to row in behind the “PC Brigade” and label people as bigots just because they think there’s an ulterior agenda at play or because they don’t align with the populist agenda. I found a video that was pretty interesting, and others have found it similarly interesting. Does it mean it’s right or wrong? Absolutely not. It’s an opinion, and is worth looking into. Kudos to @Sidney for some good internetting.

I cannot control what others comment. I definitely do not associate with the view on homosexuality posted by Tossy. It’s up to him to form his opinions, but he also has a duty of care to not force his beliefs or opinions on others.

1 Like

Are you dyslexic?

The Guardian wouldn’t dare publish this these days as the regressive left like Sidney, glas and ChocolateMice would launch a social media war on them.

Do you know what dyslectic means pal?

You pointed out my post where I said society should look after mentally ill people and tried to draw a line of hypocrisy to me saying the NHS shouldn’t pay for these ops. Therefore you agree this is a mental illness.

Your lack of basic comprehension seems to miss that my issue with the NHS paying for these is that they don’t work. It is indulging, not treatment.

Where has he said this? Can you point it out please?

Pointing out a logical fallacy in an argument doesn’t mean you’re implicitly agreeing to its base assertion.

You aren’t allowed to have a different opinion to the norms the once edgy liberal movement have established in western culture.

Ironically, they are shutting down free speech. The same free speech that won universal suffrage & civil rights.

2 Likes

I’ll take this as a yes.

This might explain your inability to understand my posts and your drawing of conclusions that are not supported by anything I’ve said.

There is no logical fallacy here. I said that the NHS should not be paying for operations as they don’t work. I said mentally ill people should be given the right treatment.

The NHS pay for an operation where there is no scientific diagnosis available as to proof of any illness. Most post ops then want to get the procedure reversed in time.
Its utter madness that any country would fund this carryon out of the public purse.

You posted this Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery? as your support for the above statements. What you posted doesn’t support your statements. You contradicted yourself.

Enlightened societies have recognised that gender dysphoria is not a mental condition, pal. Even @anon7035031 admits it in his post. That’s called progress. It’s about recognition and respect, which is a bad thing, according to you and the other preening busybodies here. Political correctness is ultimately about respecting people for who they are (as opposed to their views, which remain legitimately entirely open to ridicule), but again, that appears to be a bad thing with you.

What you want to do is to stigmatise transgender people and contribute to a general culture of ridiculing people based on gender dysphoria or being transgender. You want to promote an outdated, ignorant view based on prejudice. That’s regressive in anybody’s understanding.

That, my friend, is definitely a serious phobia, and a real mental illness.

1 Like

“You aren’t allowed have a different opinion”, says @Tim_Riggins, giving his opinion.

You aren’t. College campuses have been banning dissenting voices, people have been hounded from mainstream media & people like you look to discredit from the very beginning (see Alex Jones comparison).

This is why Donald Trump is doing so well in the US.

1 Like