Is Your Job Recession Proof?

you interested? rates are pretty good, I dont charge those high Dublin rates.

I also do some moonlighting in construction related work NCC

Thats a pile shite lads, is your job secure Ncc?

The company I’m with is teetering on the brink at the moment, feic all work coming in, more redunacies inevitable and wouldn’t be suprised if it went belly up, bleak times.

[quote=“padjo”]Thats a pile shite lads, is your job secure Ncc?

The comapny I’m with is teetering on the brink at the moment, feic all work coming in, more redunacies inevitable and wouldn’t be suprised if it went belly up, bleak times.[/QUOTE]

secure till the next budget anyway

best of luck to gman and maurice.

dodgy as fuck here too.

My missus has a secure job thank feic, thinks change when you have a sprog to worry about as well

And here was me thinking that the tide had turned as a few mates who had been out of work for a while got jobs and interviews.

My credibility is with Caoimhain’s - in the gutter.

yeah, worse case scenario for me & best case for her is that we head to oz for a few years- at least there is a back up plan but would be worried about not been able to rent out my house

California and Argentina I reckon. Any other life advice for me from a man who has been there, done that and robbed the tshirt?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]And here was me thinking that the tide had turned as a few mates who had been out of work for a while got jobs and interviews.

My credibility is with Caoimhain’s - in the gutter.[/QUOTE]

You should think about starting your own business.

Getting away isn’t the worst idea. We were to go back but the prospects at home are so shit we’ve decided to stay another year at least.

getting away wouldnt be too bad, except i’ve a house half built and a wedding due soon enough too. so cant really get away from it all. not sure what the story is with the missus now either, so everything is a bit up in the air really.

People certainly change their tune on here.

Same kind of boat gman. Moved away a couple of years ago having just bought a gaff. Saving at the moment to get married this October. Wedding half booked. Not sur whether to blow our hard saved cash on the big day or save it for the rainy ones ahead…

thats a cunt- best of luck getting it together

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]And here was me thinking that the tide had turned as a few mates who had been out of work for a while got jobs and interviews.

My credibility is with Caoimhain’s - in the gutter.[/QUOTE]

It is in the finance sector Farmer although there have been some savage cuts. It will be 2010 before any sort of recruitment starts in earnest though, budgets have mostly been set for the year already.

I work in financial services and if you ask me we’re short staffed if anything at the moment.

I’ve heard some awful family stories, and anyone with kids i’d hope that they have a bit more luck than the single types like me. Its important families stay together. One neighbour woke up recently with “pay your fucking bills” spray painted over his work van. With 5 kids i wonder what the fuck is going on in that house, not nice.
I lost my job when the bigish company i worked for decided to close down all the smaller umbrella companies they had. Best thing ever happened me though as it turns out. Got a new job eventually and its all in my own hands, make the sales, company survives and i make money. So far so good.
Really close starting my own business in a similar field as i see a gap in my market, and expecting the bank to give me the ok next week, but its been tough, and i’m only asking for 12k. The banks are cunts, no other way of looking at it.
But its been said to me more than once that its a great time to start a business. Anyone here believe or think the same, and does anyone have any advice with it?

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I’ve heard some awful family stories, and anyone with kids i’d hope that they have a bit more luck than the single types like me. Its important families stay together. One neighbour woke up recently with “pay your fucking bills” spray painted over his work van. With 5 kids i wonder what the fuck is going on in that house, not nice.
I lost my job when the bigish company i worked for decided to close down all the smaller umbrella companies they had. Best thing ever happened me though as it turns out. Got a new job eventually and its all in my own hands, make the sales, company survives and i make money. So far so good.
Really close starting my own business in a similar field as i see a gap in my market, and expecting the bank to give me the ok next week, but its been tough, and i’m only asking for 12k. The banks are cunts, no other way of looking at it.
But its been said to me more than once that its a great time to start a business. Anyone here believe or think the same, and does anyone have any advice with it?[/QUOTE]

you must live in a rough area

Jayz, sorry to hear Gman. Hopefully a lad like yourself will have no problem getting something or the new venture will work out for you. Besta luck.

Well i tell a little lie, i do live in a rough area, but this happened out where i’m originally from, a rural village. The house would have cost upwards of 750k. He also had a X5 in the drive. You can see where this is going, living beyond their means.
Wife didn’t work at all.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]I’ve heard some awful family stories, and anyone with kids i’d hope that they have a bit more luck than the single types like me. Its important families stay together. One neighbour woke up recently with “pay your fucking bills” spray painted over his work van. With 5 kids i wonder what the fuck is going on in that house, not nice.
But its been said to me more than once that its a great time to start a business. Anyone here believe or think the same, and does anyone have any advice with it?[/QUOTE]

Go for it Kev big time. Recession is a great time to start a business. Getting the mullah to start it is the problem as Ive found over here.

Lots of people arent paying the bills tho, some cunts blatantly abuse the limited liability clause for a company. Finding someone guilty of reckless trading is one of the toughest things to prove legally. Going bankrupt is the easy option and it can crucify creditors.

A large building contractor I know is owed a few million from a hotel he built and furnished. He will do well to keep going with that kind of unpaid bill