Is Your Job Recession Proof?

:smiley:

cheers to all with messages of condolances! as I said, I aint going to let it get me down and be depressed. couple of others in here who were let go got up and walked out of the office and then rang back and said they wouldnt be back again. thats just ridiculous (I must add they were women). if you let it get to you like that you wont be proactive and get things moving in a positive direction. I’ve sourced a couple of clients already, whether or not it will give me much work I dont know, but sure its a start. i’ve a month to get things up and running, and will still have a couple of months wages to work off after due to reduncancy and holiday pay packages owed so I’m only going to start worrying and getting pissed off if its Septemeber and I’m completely flat broke with no prospects.

half thinking of fooking off to dubai or some hole like that and doing a 6 month teaching contract. fook all seemingly in the construction side of things out that way now, but would try my hand at anything for quick easy money for a few months.

KIB, I was in Argentina for a while on holiday. nice spot, and BA is a great spot. Friend of mine taught out there for the guts of a year and loved it so much he went back for another spell. If you do go, it would be very handy to have good spanish tho, some of the more rural towns in Argentina would have fook all English speakers and it could be awkward I’d say if no puedes hablar un poca espanol

With speak like that you will go a long way!

[quote=“Mac”]Have a look at the classified section of any broadsheet and you’ll see how hotels are suffering. “Top-class” hotels offering breaks for e60 per room per night for B&B.

Never been a cheaper time to go on holiday in Ireland. (in the last 5 years)[/QUOTE]

They are absolute ruining the B&B and guesthouse trade. They are down around the same prices (25 a night in Jurys in Cork if you stay 2 nights for example), which is a nice hotel and has great facilities. I’ve been meeting through work a few owners in this sector and they are fooked big style.

ha! yeah all the office jargon will be out in force now again if I have to do fooking interviews and shit!

Good man Gman, you’re away in a hack. Best of luck.

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]
In other news my 6 or so weeks of dossing around are over. Started a new job yesterday and am probably working with 2 well known posters here :smiley: :D[/QUOTE]

Gallaimh, PM me an up to date photo of flano will you.

tx.

I stayed in a guesthouse in Trim on a saturday night about a month back and was charges 110 bucks.

Fucking scandalous.

Brogans is the name of the place. Room was cramped but the breakfast was decent.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I stayed in a guesthouse in Trim on a saturday night about a month back and was charges 110 bucks.

Fucking scandalous.

Brogans is the name of the place. Room was cramped but the breakfast was decent.[/QUOTE]

Thats unbelieveable, jesus. I’d argue the toss with any of them now. I deal with one crowd in particular down here and they are up shit creek because of the hotels.
The hotels are blowing all these people away with their SEO on Google etc, they just can’t compete.
They are loosing their bread and butter people like the likes of me mid-week when i was given an 90.00 limit on where i could stay, the B&B would be cheaper and better food and generally more relaxing, but now with the Hotel, which will have a gym/pool etc, at the same price i’d be going to the hotel.

Fucking hell. I got a room in the Wynn for €80. Thats fooking outrageous.

Gman, Japan and Korea are apparently looking for TEFL teachers. Girlfriends friends know a few people out there and if any of them lose their jobs thats where they’re off to.

And most importantly, does that weird bird who brought the newborn to the Xmas party still have a job?

Suerte Gman

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]Sorry to hear about that Gman and Maurice.

In other news my 6 or so weeks of dossing around are over. Started a new job yesterday and am probably working with 2 well known posters here :rolleyes: :)[/QUOTE]

So you’re gone from the other place, brave man :smiley:

Was there anyone let go out of there Sledge in the end?

[quote=“Mac”]Gman, Japan and Korea are apparently looking for TEFL teachers. Girlfriends friends know a few people out there and if any of them lose their jobs thats where they’re off to.

And most importantly, does that weird bird who brought the newborn to the Xmas party still have a job?[/QUOTE]

one of my best friends went out there 3 years ago, he’s having a blast over there and got married last year out there, was there for the wedding, tis a strange place, but you can get hammered and stuff your face for €20 easily

beig a fan of karaoke is a prerequisite

and they have 26mb broadband as standard out there, so you’d have no excuses on pro evo;)

but he says they are crying ot for teachers out there, if you want any more info drop us a line

We could 5% of the global number, 20ish from my floor but none from my immediate team thank fook.

How many are in there these days? Think a few of the lads I was in college with ended up there at some stage.

[quote=“artfoley”]one of my best friends went out there 3 years ago, he’s having a blast over there and got married last year out there, was there for the wedding, tis a strange place, but you can get hammered and stuff your face for 20 easily

beig a fan of karaoke is a prerequisite

and they have 26mb broadband as standard out there, so you’d have no excuses on pro evo;)

but he says they are crying ot for teachers out there, if you want any more info drop us a line[/QUOTE]

Not to mention getting arrested for being bald

Around 250 at the moment I think, spread over 3 or 4 locations around town.

nope, was for being tall:p