"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

I was playing corner back with a Limerick club in 1994.
It could have been me marking Billy Dooley.

[QUOTE=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 1124984, member: 464”]I was playing corner back with a Limerick club in 1994.
It could have been me marking Billy Dooley.[/QUOTE]

I was a Limerick man in Croke Park in 1996. It could have been my hand broken

i was in croke park in 1996, it could have been my hand filled with an all ireland medal

I drove around a roundabout in Wexford town before.

It could be have been me that @farmerinthecity rear ended

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1125019, member: 109”]

It could be have been me that @farmerinthecity rear ended[/QUOTE]
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

Gas pipe after blowing up on knocklyon road about 20 minutes after I walked past it with madame. Still burning and loads of idiots inside the cordon

Could have been me

Many many years ago this big big lad use to come into Duffy’s of Malahide with a Daily Record in his arse pocket to cheer on the likes of Kerr, McLoughlin, Collins, Thom, Grant, Van Hooijdonk…(great football days under Tommy Burns).

We were sceptical at first of this stranger in town and I remember Croppy remarking that he could turn out to be a gooser who would eat his own shit. I said he looked harmless and went to say hello but the Selfish Giant being the man that he is stopped me and said it was on his shoulders and that he would do it.

With that the Selfish Giant then walked over, hand out stretched out and asked if the big fella would like to join us… Christ he did…

To this day the selfish giant wakes up in pain knowing and on his conscious it was he who did it to us all…

It could have been me…

1 Like

Heartwarming story.

[QUOTE=“Ebeneezer Goode, post: 1125536, member: 1785”]Many many years ago this big big lad use to come into Duffy’s of Malahide with a Daily Record in his arse pocket to cheer on the likes of Kerr, McLoughlin, Collins, Thom, Grant, Van Hooijdonk…(great football days under Tommy Burns).

We were sceptical at first of this stranger in town and I remember Croppy remarking that he could turn out to be a gooser who would eat his own shit. I said he looked harmless and went to say hello but the Selfish Giant being the man that he is stopped me and said it was on his shoulders and that he would do it.

With that the Selfish Giant then walked over, hand out stretched out and asked if the big fella would like to join us… Christ he did…

To this day the selfish giant wakes up in pain knowing and on his conscious it was he who did it to us all…

It could have been me…[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and you’d now be proud that your gesture now had a corner of the pub named after his horse. Instead The Selfish Giant gets all the plaudits.

It could have been you

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1125636, member: 109”]Indeed, and you’d now be proud that your gesture now had a corner of the pub named after his horse. Instead The Selfish Giant gets all the plaudits.

It could have been you[/QUOTE]

And he should do!! And for that I ask the Selfish Giant to stand up now for the first time and admit it.

Is it true that TSG only approached DB as they both shared a similar waistline?

No course not, TSG is not that cunning!! Croppy and DB have had many an eat off… Once after one such sitting DB had to disembark and then jump back on Croppy’s moped on the way down the grove road as the bike had stalled on the way up.

:eek:

:eek:

So if I read that right, DB is slimmer than TSG?

Only if you compare old passport photos…

DB appeared on the scene in the late 90s. I was already familiar with him from my part of Fingal. I knew his modus operandi and I had made a conscious decision not to hang around with him. It was against my vocal objections that he joined our group. This was tsg’s decision and he must live with the consequences of this. That said I wish db no ill will, and I accept him now as a part of the group, I just would not have made the same decision as tsg and I know he regrets it.

Db was responsible for a heinous attack on a school bus in the mid 1990s yet nobody ever asks him to account for this. Why?

I have always felt something about db did not add up. He is a skilful spin doctor. While I don’t hate him I mistrust him greatly.

1 Like

I think I know what you mean, it’s like he insists upon himself.
I have always felt that his ‘personality’ and ‘interests’ are carefully chosen strategic directions that he believes will ingratiate himself with the maximum number of people.