"It could have been me" - Claim a spurious link to high profile tragic incidents or disasters

Pages 2 and 3 of this weekā€™s Wexford People consist of separate stories with a handful of Brussels resident Wexford natives. It could have been any of them last week. Hereā€™s a flavour of it:

1 Like

Is that Frost Bit Boy?

5 Likes

1 Like

Bumped for @count_of_monte_crist

i dont think itā€™s that high profile.

I jumped the gun (pardon the pun).

Heā€™s not dead yet according the DOB Daily.

Heā€™s brown bread

I had a pint in sunset house once before a match. Rough spot.

@Fagan_ODowd come on down

1 Like

Yesterday an Emirates plane went up in flames upon landing at Dubai airport. Exactly one year ago yesterday I landed (safely) in Dubai on an Emirates plane. It could easily have been me yesterday.

Yea, but you donā€™t work as an airport ground crew fire fighter, do you?

1 Like

His mate (he) is considering it as a new career option!

@TreatyStones

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/214132/limerick-fire-service-tackle-car-blaze-in-clarina.html

My photo was much better.

2 Likes

The Leader picture didnā€™t even show the correct car

You should email them

The Rio de Janeiro Olympics Irish ticket touting scandal 2016.

During the London Olympics in 2012, I made an arrangement with an Irish supporter to buy a ticket for the Michael Conlan V Robeisy Ramirez boxing semi-final.

I met the chap I was buying the ticket from outside the Excel Arena, near the security gates at the entrance to the arena. Within five seconds of the chap taking the ticket out of his wallet to give to me, six plain clothes policemen swooped on us, took out their IDs, and in groups of three each, pulled us aside separately.

They asked me in a threatening manner how much I was buying the ticket for. I responded that I was buying it for the face value of Ā£95, which was true. They at first did not believe me, but relented when my acquaintanceā€™s story matched up with mine and allowed to me to proceed with the purchase of the ticket from my acquaintance.

Had I been selling the ticket for above face value rather than buying it for face value, and had it been in Rio in 2016 rather than London in 2012, I could have ended up in a Brazilian prison, just like Pat Hickey. It was that close.

It could have been me.

1 Like

Were you naked ?

No. But neither was Pat Hickey, so there the similarities increase again. Uncanny.

I was in Italy recently, hundreds of miles away from the earthquake site.

It could have been me.

Not me but my sister lives in Antwerp and flew out of Schipol airport the morning of Brussels Airport terrorist attack. The day before she was meant to fly out of Brussels only for there are no direct flights to Cork from Brussels.
She was also in Paris the day of the Bataclan attack 15 miles away but there.
She was living in Okasaki a year before the earthquakes throughout Japan.

It could all have been her.

Iā€™ll be working on a project in Verona over the next few months. The building has a huge expansion joint in the floor as Verona is in an earthquake zone. It could be me in the not too distant future

1 Like