IT Professionals, Guilty

you may need to use an older version of the converter than the one listed on https://www.vmware.com/latam/products/converter.html as XP is EOL

virtual box will open a vmdk I think. Your best bet is to convert it to vmdk, it’s compatible with both esxi and virtual box

Have you tried VLC player?

4 Likes

he could do that as well, and if he wants to convert it from hyper-v there are a load of v2v converters to get it into .vmdk if he needs…

these boys have you covered @Copper_pipe (with the exception of @Julio_Geordio)

2 Likes

Has anyone here ever read the Phoenix Project? Worth a read?

Are you actually asking if lads read nerdy IT books in their spare time?

Yes, I saw something about it yesterday and then read some reviews which piqued my interest

Away you go so and report back here with some bullet points.

1 Like

The Spotify team appears to have nailed DevOps but I’ve seen a few more try it and fail due to the complexity of the business.

Is there any fucking chance at all that ye lads could speak in plain english?

This Bluekeep Vulnerability is after making a lot of work for me so it has :neutral_face:

Has there been any cases of actual exploits?

I’m not sure. All I know is I’ve been given a list of 50 PC’s that I must patch :upside_down_face:

Have ye no automated patching or configuration management system?

I have a powerscript alright but I won’t be allowed to take 50 PC’s out of service at once.

You’d generally do it when the pc’s aren’t in use. Overnight etc.

So you’ve a list of pc’s that you’ve to go and physically locate and tell the owner that you’ve got to patch it? Or have you sent an email to the owners to tell them come to you.

Seems mental

Majority will be in use overnight.

I could come in some Saturday and powerscript all of them but that’d be minus craic so it would.

1 Like

Are they servers or pc’s?

Listen pal, I’m sure his organization are able to manage the deployment of a few patches without your input.

1 Like

Not yet it’s thought but there have been reports of scans looking for machine susceptible to the vulnerability.