IT Professionals, Guilty

Copper, or anyone, I need to buy a computer for my lass (11) for school. I understand none of it, but it needs to be a “two in wan” with touchscreen, stylus and keyboard. Needs at least 8 mb of something, and 128 mb of something else. Robust as possible, lighter the better, and hopefully to see her through secondary school.
I haven’t a clue.
Any recommendations?
Is the following a good buy??

If she needs power and memory like that you’ll be looking at something from circa 1998

3 Likes

That would be serious overkill for a normal kid but maybe the diddie kiddies would need it

8GB Ram and 128GB Storage space.

I’ll have a look there in a bit.

1 Like

Thanks a million mate.

It must have been a dreadful few hours for you wondering if we’d still all be here for you

1 Like

It was. I posted that thing last night and it disappeared. I had the leaflet of needed spec last night, and I’ve had to do it from memory this morning.
I was delighted with myself last night having been nagged all through my birthday dinner about it. “ill ask the lads on TFK” was my response, which got a Rolleyes, but I assured her of the excellent credentials, and told her not to buy anything.in fairness, she went to John Lewis and curry’s yesterday, but she said the sales assistants were as clueless as she (and I) was, so didn’t purchase. The one they were recommending in one place was £1250, which she thought a bit steep for a child.

3 Likes

get her the surface go 128GB SSD and 8GB RAM with pen and type cover, mouse and office 365 for 1 year.

yours for 730 of her majesty’s pounds

1 Like

@flattythehurdler

you get a lot more bang from your buck with something like an acer, unless she has her heart set on an apple and Mac OS, this is above the spec you requested but is a cracking piece of kit

take a look at the Asus chromebook as well. running chrome OS so is compatible with Android.
good bang for buck there too

Thanks mate.

Have a look on Currys UK and see if UK price is much cheaper given how weak the pound is. Newry could be an option. Or ParcelMotel

Think you are seriously over complicating things there

2 Likes

You could see him flying back from Manchester to the North alright

He could send Jeeves

4 Likes

Would this one be good?

Can’t find the other

1 Like

No.

It’s a chromebook.

Only 4GB RAM and small Hard Drive.

I’ll have a look later on. I’m busy with a FAT today.

1 Like

just get her the surface go like i told ya!

1 Like

Not enough spec for your wish list mate

1 Like

Stay out of this flatty

2 Likes