IT Professionals, Guilty

I’ve done this a few times and and currently kicking off a process to review it again so drop me a pm if you need a steer.

Don’t leave something out because you think they won’t pay for it (within reason). Put it in and let them be the ones who rejected it, gives you great cover if something goes wrong in the future.

2 Likes

Document every risk. Get it all down there. When the shit hits the fan it’s the rock you’ll cling to. A great time to get the IT budget ratcheted up too and get some tools that make your life easier from day to day.

Up until a few years ago it involved sending the most junior chump out to a soulless shed in an industrial estate to log onto a few computers. On the plus side, when I was that chump it was a half day off work.

2 Likes

Serious responsibility. Fair play to ye lads.

Just got a new laptop, I used to always “acquire” a Microsoft office key but I’m not sure if you can even do that anymore?

Can you get a lifetime key anymore or do you have to get the subscription?

You can get MS Office 2019 which is a one-off purchase, rather than Office 365 which is a subscription, if that’s what you mean.

1 Like

How much is the subscription, around €70?
Its decent value at that I think.

I just bought an office 2019 professional plus key that fell off the back of a truck for $63

It was €99 I think

Pretty sure there’s a cheaper version that that. Gives you latest updates, and 1TB of One Drive Storage.

@Copper_pipe will sort you out.

Will nphet be able to report all their data now?

All thanks to Vlad

1 Like

There you go pal

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0812/1240467-covid-glynn/

The wife hasn’t been paid overtime in six weeks. They’re blaming the cyber attack. She and her colleges are like dogs. They’ll be a strike soon if they don’t sort it out. Every week they say that it’ll be sorted next week.

1 Like

That doesn’t make much sense as the cyber attack happened well over six weeks ago.

Are they not very pretty?

Not when they’re angry, no…

1 Like

Sorry, not saying I don’t believe you just that the cyber attack happened three months ago. If that was the cause then it should have been an issue for longer than six weeks.