IT Professionals, Guilty

Shopify will take a huge cut of your sales

It will but if the alternatives were easy Shopify wouldn’t be so popular.
So how and where do I start?

Depends what you are selling.
Woocommerce is a free platform you can layer onto a wordpress site.

1 Like

No offence meant but aren’t you the fella who couldnt work the Ryanair website

6 Likes

Try squarespace.com , very handy for building a site yourself at minimal subscription cost

1 Like

For the last time.
I was the guy who explained to people how not to get caught by the short and curlys on the Ryanair website. Lads who did get caught then started ridiculing me to save face. I let them off but of course lots of lads on here believe everything they read, especially from the boo-boys.

Unfortunately I know nothing about building websites so I’m looking for a bit of help to get started on the right footing.

Low cost (€10-€50) to the general public.

High volume? Multiple items?

Low volume consumables, so hopefully repeat orders.

Edibles?

4 Likes

If you haven’t a lot of stock items, and any bit of technical nous you’d be able to manage it via WordPress/WooCommerce if you got someone to set it up first day.

I’ve been asked was I interested in setting it up. I’m not sure about managing it but certainly maintaining it would be required ongoing.

No, don’t think so…

Market already saturated!

@habanerocat

have you looked at wix.com - it’s an ecommerce platform, lets you build it from the ground up with help and support etc

I haven’t, but I will, thanks.

Retrofitted mobile coffee stations by gaa/rubby stars to be used to transport horses?

1 Like

Can I direct you here El Friendo.

https://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/the-business-ideas-thread/15576/938

1 Like

@Rocko what do you think?
As the resident expert here I’d greatly appreciate your input. Thanks……

I haven’t really done e-commerce. Wordpress woo commerce is probably the cheapest I imagine. The lads have some decent suggestions above including wix.

If it’s an Irish business I believe @Funtime has a product for online retail too.

2 Likes