IT Professionals, Guilty

Or Pebcam in my instance…

Any fucker in here write code for PLC’S?

Programmable Logic Controllers for industry?

Indeed. Sensor and other hardware integration into a controls system

Rockwell, allen bradley or siemens?

That Siemens TIA software was awful.

The Studio5000 was just about manageable.

PM me on the details and I’ll give you my professional advice. Make and model would be a minimum requirement.

I know the pipe might be able to advise also. Not sure about that lad that hides behind the bushes.

1 Like

Siemens i believe.

Will do

Im used to doing simple stuff on allen bradley, havent used siemens, i leave that to experts

Siemens might as well be speaking another language to me

1 Like

Would there be a reason to distinguish choice between brands?

Usually companies specifiy what controls brand they want in machines, makes maintenance easier. American companies lean towards allen bradley or rockwell in experience. Germans with Siemens

1 Like

And is there much difference between the two options the yanks prefer?

Not really unless you are looking for specific function that is available on the plc or software you want to run talking to a data network again depends on the architecture. All that is above my head tbh, ive tested IOs and set up some simple commands to open close valves after the clever fellas designed and did the real programming

1 Like

Allen Bradley and Rockwell are the same company. There’s other smaller US brands but not popular over here.

Siemens are big in Europe, Mitsubishi, Omron and Panasonic in Japan.
There’s no cross compatibility between hardware or software.

The smaller companies tend to manufacture smaller PLCs with free software. The bigger ones, big powerful PLCs with complex expensive software.

If you know how to program a Siemens you probably don’t do anything else. It’s that professional a job. Well paid too.

2 Likes

It’s that time again - roll on cutover and HyperCare for the next six weeks or so.

2 Likes

Please explain?

No/No Go had given us the green light

4 Likes

Please explain?