Italy - a failed society

Best of luck mate . Itā€™s a beautiful country

1 Like

You plan proposing to your future wife when youā€™re in her vagina? I suppose that could be a nice time to do it

Thanks.

Donā€™t let her eat too much. That balconyā€™s been there for a long time.

Same the world over, those with 3rd level and a decent job are doing OK, unless they are living in an expensive city like Dublin. Cost of living in Granada must be no more than 50% of Ireland I would think, accommodation alone is probably 4X in Dublin. Although salaries are also lower, the cost of accommodation makes Dublin unaffordable. Unemployment is still the biggest issue, among young people itā€™s still around 35% in Spain and Italy, Ireland must be no higher than 10%.

I was only there for about 30 hours but Verona is one of the nicest places Iā€™ve ever been. Iā€™ll be back.

Itā€™s an incredible place. Absolutely beautiful. Iā€™ve ate three times there and probably the three finest meals Iā€™ve ever had.

1 Like

Anyone going to Rome, go and eat in La Ruota, or if youā€™re out near Boccea, Lo Zio Frankie.

Think thereā€™s some way where if you work in agriculture in places like granada for a bit you get that amount in the dole for a while after . So they work a few months gathering olives (or get a boss to say they were working) and claim that amount as they dole for a bit afterā€¦ Rinse and repeatā€¦ Also granada is meant to produce great marijuana so lads grow a few plants and supplement their doleā€¦ Thatā€™s why nobody is working but the bars are packed every eveningā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s a fairly obvious smell of weed just north of where the missus is from in Granada. In the north of the city past the bus station. A bit dodgy up that part. Definitiely someone is growing weed!
Iā€™ve heard that year with seasonal jobs, they sign on for the winter or go elsewhere.
I heard someone complaining last week that their rent was too high at ā‚¬600 per month, in a really nice part of town, 3 bedrooms and pool in complex.

They donā€™t go anywhereā€¦ they just claim the dole and spend it in the barsā€¦ Its only the poor africans who have to follow the seasonal work to pick strawberries Almeria after the olives are gatheredā€¦ Some mix of folk in granada City
when you factor in Spanish pikey, massive Arab community, krusteesā€¦

I went to cinema paradiso in the lighthouse last night as part of their golden years series. Hadnā€™t seen it since childhood and barely remembered it, fucking hell it was outstanding, the score, the scenes. Belissimo

5 Likes

And those folk in Almeria are voting for Vox. Yeah thereā€™s some collection of hippies in Granada. Seems to be a lot of Spanish born Muslims there and most if not all would seem to be at then more liberal end based on their clothing.

Congrats on getting a woman

I see the Italians are on the verge of dissolving their government yet again. Gas bastards.
Heading for their 62 government since WW2 (62 in 74 years).

While our governments fail our society flourishes

Is this a bad thing? Donā€™t the Irish keep charalatans in power for decades?

Their society is falling apart as well sure

Italian society would definitely be a lot better off without a government than having the government theyā€™re likely to put in next time

The Italians are about to elect a fascist government again. Maybe yeā€™ll invade Ethiopia, might go a bit smoother this time