Italy - a failed society

I went to both back in the summer.Sienna is beautiful especially around the square

1 Like

Happened to be staying near Siena when it was on a few years ago. Mental as you said. A whole weeks festivities. We got into the square for the rehearsal the day before. 40 odd thousand in there. Was brilliant.

Edit: Here’s a picture from it. We were right up against the fence.

4 Likes

Make sure you check out the necropolis. Literally the cradle of western civilisation

…and the louvre, they’re right next door

TFKers will be dissapointed that Italy isn’t wall to wall Italian chippers.

1 Like

It’s absolutely fcuking freezing in livigno usually. Bring your big coat.

1 Like

I happened upon the Palio on a day trip from Firenze to Siena 30+ years ago. Bonkers but a brilliant day out.

4 Likes

I was there a nipper. A witch was in operation as opposed to Santa clause.

1 Like

Last time I was there it was -24 :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Italy is fucked with covid.

1 Like

Anything beats the rain

1 Like

Love to go. I was in Siena few years back. Some spot

1 Like

Its not limerick. Again no where is like the greatest city in the world

It’s absolutely brilliant. Walking through the different Contras and lads sharing wine and food with you. We went in the Friday after it and the winning contra were still out parading.

2 Likes

There was a documentary about the Palio up on Netflix a few years back

1 Like

Tuscany is the greatest region in the world. Fuck those dirty Umbrians.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Florence is the best place I’ve ever been in my life. Absolutely beautiful and a booming night life too.

15 Likes

Anything that makes life worthwhile, the Italians do it better than anyone else. Art, fashion, architecture, food, drink, engineering, climate, culture in general.
**Apart from Galway gaa

6 Likes

I was in a nightclub there about 10 years ago. Unreal. Only thing was you were giving a card like in a coffee shop on the way in. They stamped every drjnk you got and you had to pay on the way out, mad system that wouldnt work in ireland