Ivermectin, Vitamin D, Invermectin & Molnupiravir

In your previous post you talked about drug development. Ivermectin, as you stated earlier is an established drug. So drug development is not even relevant.

To believe in your conspiracy, one would have to dismiss the example of dexamethasone, a generic drug which quickly became a standard treatment for Covid.

It became a standard treatment because it was quickly shown to have beneficial effects for at least some patients.

By your conspiracist logic, this could never have happened because there was apparently no profit in it.

Ivermectin was being talked about in April 2020. And 16 months later, its cheerleaders have still produced nothing.

Bu of course because it is being pushed by the right-wing fruitcakes you take your worldview from, it’s legit. Just like hydroxychloroquine, which you also pushed, was, or more to the point, wasn’t.

Anybody with a tither of wit sees what drives what you believe in. Right wing culture wars. And nothing else.

You’re actually making my point, but you’re also too much of a clown to realize it. As always it’s purely a left vs right political issue with you, which leads you to make an ass of yourself consistently. I wouldn’t normally waste my time on a clown, but it’s important that your ignorance based opinions are countered.

The reason Dexamethasone is being used is because of research conducted by the University of Oxford. Once again pharma had no interest, as it is a generic as you correctly pointed out. If you knew anything about the drug industry, you would know that literally all large scale clinical trials are funded entirely by Pharma.

Why are the University of Oxford and the NIH conducting larger scale trials on Ivermectin? Surely this is a waste of time if it doesn’t work? Is it because they are both driving right wing culture wars?

1 Like

I keep referencing right wing culture wars because that is what drives what you believe.

And there’s no arguing with that. You’re zombie like in your beliefs.

As I said, 16 months people have been shiteing on about Ivermectin, just like about hydroxychloroquine, and still the square root of nothing, and just like hydroxychloroquine, armies of gullible idiots hospitalising themselves because of a belief in a cult.

So why are the University of Oxford and the NIH conducting clinical trials on Ivermectin if you have deemed that it doesn’t work? You seem to have a hard time answering this question.

I would say this is a simple enough black and white issue, either they are idiots or you are an idiot. I think we all know the answer, expect for you obviously.

Eric Osgood, a member of the Frontline Covid Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), a self styled group promoting Ivermectin, has quit the group over its ever increasing association with anti-vaccine cranks.

By far the most prominent member of the FLCCC is Pierre Kory. So Osgood’s departure is unquestionably due to Kory’s activity. A quick Google shows Kory promoting the “work” of Robert Malone, an anti-vaccine fantasist who bizarrely claims claims he invented both mRNA vaccines and RNA.

I will repeat what I said a few days ago. Kory is an utter grifter.

Lash it into ya @glenshane. And treat yourself to a sachet of Whiskas and a dish of warm milk afterwards. You’ll be free from Covid forever.

1 Like
1 Like

Is The Invermectin connected to the right wingers in some way?
I heard Luke O’Neil speak about it in promising tones last week but it appears to appeal to the stupidest cunts imaginable going by the stories of people dosing babies with it etc

3 Likes

I believe the theory runs something like: studies of ivermectin are not being given the weight they deserve because it’s cheap and big pharma wouldn’t make enough money out of it.
There are others on here who can explain all this better than I @glenshane

A livestock drug? Is this really the level that that rag is prepared to stoop to? If you’re happy enough to buy into what is an obvious attempt to mislead then there’s probably not much that can be done for you

Here’s an analysis of 24 studies. The podcast that I’ve linked to a few times contains references to others, including a criticised and withdrawn Egyptian study that o’neill and others seem to be drawn to exclusively in preference to all others.

No the issue is that no pharma company has been willing to fund a clinical trial. Pharma funds over 85% of all clinical trials, the rest are done by govt agencies like NIH or Independent agencies. The clinical trials done on Ivermectin have been small Independent or University studies, although both the NIH and University of Oxford are now doing larger scale studies.

The reason Ivermectin is of interest is it has strong in vitro antiviral properties, especially towards RNA viruses, and has a long term safety profile for human use. It certainly deserves study, especially given hundreds of millions have been spent on newly developed anti virals, none of which have been proven to work to date (didn’t stop the US government buying $1.2 billion of Merck’s candidate drug even though it failed clinical trials).

So it’s a simple question, why would pharma spend hundreds of millions on trials for new antiviral drugs but not spend a dime on an established anti viral? The answer is obvious to anyone with a rational mind who can see past the “horse medicine” narrative. Hint: It has something to do with being able to charge $1000 a dose should an antiviral for Covid get through clinical trials.

Having said that nobody should be taking Ivermectin without a doctor’s prescription, nobody should be taking the horse version of the drug, and anyone giving it to a child should be locked up.

5 Likes

From the guardian
“But there are no fun side-effects! The side-effects of off-label use are (if you’re lucky) diarrhoea and (if you’re unlucky) death.”

Over 4 billion doses of Ivermectin have been administered (to humans) since its invention. Which do you think has killed more people- ivermectin or the covid vaccine?
Hard to believe the guardian was once regarded as a serious paper

1 Like

Are chug nuts a side effect of taking the horsey version?

The Guardian is gas. The same paper has no issue with off label use of some drugs such as puberty blockers. Which can have horrific side effects. And the same stuff is also used on animals. But it’s a human rights issue according to the Guardian so okay. But this invermectin stuff is poison! The contortions the media resort to these days depending on their political viewpoint is highly amusing but probably very bad for the human race in the long run.

6 Likes

Great post. .
When you weigh it you inevitably arrive at the conclusion that lads like @TheBlackSpot are fortunate to have tfk to rely on

The comment was a joke about ketamine. Did you not get that aspect?

A rather bad joke, I would say, by a lightweight ‘colour’ columnist tasked with writing about American matters because she lives in New York. While I am not a fan of AM’s columns, she is not exactly the paper’s Health Correspondent.

People need to get some bit real about the idea that Ivermectin can contain Covid-19. Nothing can contain the virus, as I said a long time ago, except mass vaccination from secondary school pupils upwards. Which is precisely what is going to happen in the real world, whatever spoofology occurs online.

I will leave everyone to continue going around in circles.

2 Likes

I get the feeling I should be going to confession but 2 things bother me. I’m not really sure what sin I should confess to and should I insist that the priest I confess to in that wee cubicle should be double vaxxed and wear a mask or be ingesting ivermectin on an hourly basis - OR all of the above?

@glenshane Saw this and thought of you :slight_smile:

No…and I still don’t. Thanks for not calling me stupid…if you have to now I’ll understand