Ivermectin, Vitamin D, Invermectin & Molnupiravir

That’s it lads. Its official.
OIUTF

1 Like

I haven’t seen any either but I have heard that there were cases.

Some scamp of a doctor in holland tested a mango for it, it came back positive

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m now granting invermectin RDA approval.

1 Like

Hard to argue with really, both press release and report are very encouraging. I expect the various experts will act on this as a matter of urgency.

1 Like

It’s looking very good…here’s an overview of trials carried out worldwide.

1 Like

I’m sure luke and tony are ahead of the curve here.

1 Like

A work colleague of mine and his whole family are self isolating after a positive result. I asked him was he taking Vitamin D. He said I am now. :joy:
Too fucking late.

2 Likes

Hopefully he’ll survive so you can rub his nose in it for years to come

1 Like

Pressure growing on the British establishment. Luke and tony nowhere to be seen

1 Like

You think governments and big pharma are gonna allow a cheap drug save the day?

1 Like

Could you post the article by any chance?

Looks legit

Sorry buddy, can’t get back in…

1 Like

Tom Whipple, Science Editor
Monday January 04 2021, 12.01am GMT, The Times
A cheap and widespread drug has shown the potential for “transformative” changes in Covid-19 mortality rates, according to an early analysis.

A leaked presentation from a closed scientific meeting claims that ivermectin, originally an antiparasitic, cut deaths by 80 per cent among patients in hospital. The findings come from the combined results of 11 trials.

However, other scientists were sceptical of the data and said that more results would be required before it could be considered as a treatment. They pointed to other drugs that have shown early promise, such as hydroxychloroquine and tocilizumab, an anti-inflammatory, only to then underperform in large-scale trials.

The presentation was given by Andrew Hill, from Liverpool University, who had been commissioned by the World Health Organisation to evaluate the drug. He looked only at the so-called “gold-standard” randomised controlled trials, in which patients were randomly assigned the drug or a placebo.

He and his colleagues found that in 11 trials involving more than 1,000 patients, conducted mainly in the developing world, patients appeared to clear themselves of the virus in about half the usual time. Of those taking the drug, eight patients died. Of those given a placebo, 44 did.

Dr Hill, who is due to publish his analysis this month, said that if ivermectin did work it would be an important weapon against Covid-19, especially in the developing world. “It’s very attractive, because it costs between $1 and $2 for a treatment course,” he said.

Ivermectin, which is used for headlice treatment, among other things, was considered to be a promising antiviral after laboratory experiments suggested that it interfered with the coronavirus life cycle. Scientists who support its use now believe that it might in fact be more useful as an anti-inflammatory, dampening down the immune response.

The drug has been controversial, however, with some researchers viewing it as yet another purported wonder treatment. After its use was suggested late last year at a US Senate hearing, David Gorski, a Wayne State University professor and editor of the website Science Based Medicine, said that it was part of a pattern of drugs promoted “as a cure-all” by people who claimed that the government was covering up the truth.

Peter Horby, the Oxford University professor who helped to set up the UK’s largest Covid-19 clinical trials, said that the new data was “interesting, perhaps encouraging, but not yet convincing”. He said that he was worried that the mortality data involved too few cases, and that many of the trials analysed had themselves not been peer reviewed.

At present trials investigating the drug involving more than 5,000 patients have yet to report their results, but they are expected soon. Dr Hill said that for regulators in countries coping with a second wave, their findings could be crucial.

“The combined data may be large enough to get to World Health Organisation recommendations for treatment being used worldwide,” he said, although other researchers think that a single large trial might still be required. “If we see these same trends consistently across more studies, then this really is going to be a transformative treatment.”

2 Likes

“All the observational studies show strong vitamin D effects on infectiousness, morbidity and mortality,”

"Hancock agreed to meet with Davis and Huq a fortnight after the Spanish study was published. The health secretary had previously claimed, wrongly, that government scientists had run a trial on vitamin D that showed it did not “appear to have any impact”, when in fact no such tests had taken place. "

"https://amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jan/10/does-vitamin-d-combat-covid?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Have you signed up @glenshane?

I’m quoted extensively throughout

2 Likes

Surely he’s broke from funding Trump’s stop the fraud campaign :grinning: