J1 - Summer in the Sun

Ah mate, you’re forgetting what it’s like to be 20, he’s in the job a wet week, how many of the cabinet would you have recognised at that age?

I really enjoyed that article

1 Like

Ah Jesus, I’d have recognised Albert if he walked in the door.

It’s more her “OMG, I’m totes embarrassed” reaction on twitter - to generate likes and attention no doubt - which is the irritating part of it. She mightn’t act it but she’s an adult, not asking much to expect her to know the head of government in fairness.

Chill out. It’s the Irish Times et al who have decided to pigeon hole her as the above.

Yeah, I suppose.

Slow news day when this was on the main radio news bulletin on a national radio station throughout the day.

I dunno, it’s a quirky human interest story in fairness, only a bit of a laugh.

Last dozen posts would have ended up on the letters pages of the Irish Times a decade ago.

You’re completely contradicting yourself there, Tim.

Who was dining with Leo?

Ah come on now, we aren’t talking about the minister for transport or something, it’s the fucking Taoiseach. He was also probably one of the few recognisable figures in the cabinet of the last few years as well so the fact that he’s new isn’t an excuse. Any 20 year old who doesn’t know what the Taoiseach looks like would want a good dunt in the head.

His boyfriend

Varadkar was appointed Taoiseach after she would have gone to the States.

Maybe she could give them a few pointers for their future careers in waitressing

2 Likes

Ffs, I would have named the entire cabinet, the opposition front bench and their constituencies from the age of 12. Mind you Irish politics was a lot more interesting then.

1 Like

Gerard Sweetman was Minister for Finance, I bet.

Tom Nolan from your Carlow/Kilkenny constituency a short lived Minister for Labour?

Just how old do you think I am?
Incidentally @GeoffreyBoycott what county are you from / failing that, support?

He will never answer that mate, or his alias might crumble.

1 Like

He’s not an alias. As Geoffrey has stated previously, he is from North London, but I’m just interested in whether there is a county he is aligned to in Ireland. No biggy.

Some of ye are easily outraged

2 Likes