J1 - Summer in the Sun

UCD, IADT

what happened here at all? was there drink involved?

Very sad. Any parents worst nightmare.

Doesn’t matter if there was drink taken or not the balcony should never have collapsed the way it did.

It was a 21st in San Fran with a load of Irish at it. I’d be worried if there was no drink taken.

I know a fella over there who is a neighbor of theirs in the same building. Lucky escape. His people at home were shitting it he was one of the victims. Tragic for those involved.

4 of the deceased are girls according to the Irish news earlier. Fucking heartbreaking shit.

Names of the dead will be released at 10pm Irish time by the coroner.

2 of the injured are critical.

Randomness of life and death. A niece of a friend of my wife was at the party but inside when the balcony collapsed. You don’t expect balconies to collapse in California outside of a major earthquake.

Any idea what collages their from??

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1159981, member: 2272”]Names of the dead will be released at 10pm Irish time by the coroner.

2 of the injured are critical.

Randomness of life and death. A niece of a friend of my wife was at the party but inside when the balcony collapsed. You don’t expect balconies to collapse in California outside of a major earthquake.[/QUOTE]
Oh lord

the SIndo will be delighted with this
imagine the column inches and bikini pictures on a beach they’lll be able to give of these D4 students and would be aspiring singletons on the Dublin scene, itll be Blaise O Donnell stuff all over again,

RIP to all involved, utterly tragic

With the possible exception of Japan, California probably has the strictest building codes in the world.

[QUOTE=“ProjectX, post: 1159843, member: 1742”]14 on that balcony?

Should not have collapsed though.[/QUOTE]

14 Elaine O Hara’s ?

you’d never get that here in England, we have proper standards and regulations. strictly enforced, some cowboy must have built that balcony, a right botch job by the looks of it

Saw a tweet earlier which suggested the balcony should have been rated to take 3,000 lb.

Some of the lads played rugby with St Marys. They’ve a hashtag going #WeAreMarysBoys already.

Ah Jesus,
There we are talking shite all day long and this happens. Don’t care no parent should have to bury their child. Sincere condolonces to all effected.
If there is any small condolonce, it is that the yanks unlike us will habe this sorted in a few weeks, ie if their is sloppiness/ short cuts in the construction someone will pay

I presume you had a point you were going to finish there or are you going to wait for another sniggering halfwit to make it for you.

Given at the time they hadn’t even been identified publicly it is slightly inappropriate.

It was fairly well known where the victims were from since this afternoon. Anyway, names released now.

Owner of building has two days to carry out inspection on building. The Americans don’t hang around.