January Transfer Window 2021

There have been a few seasons that the title came down to the last day in recent memory. Three of Man City’s have been decided on the final day (12, 14, 19).

1 Like

They both multiple champions leagues.

Liverpool haven’t.

I’m sure Klopp might sneak another one in the next couple of years.

I’d severely doubt it.

When he does, it’ll be because of VAR, bribing refs, agent fees, financial doping and so on

1 Like

99 points, beat every team. Won the premier league in the quickest time ever … Greatness personified.

In the strongest Premier League in over a decade! Every European Final being all-English last year is unprecedented.

Liverpool didn’t win last years league.

They finished on 97 points in it though which is exceptional. League didn’t become weak overnight.

11mm from winning that league too.

Given 3 of the 4 teams that contested last years European finals all sacked their managers in the next few months I’d imagine it did.

Well Spurs brought in a serial winner Mourinho and Arsenal or Chelsea weren’t weakened by the appointments of Arteta or Lampard.

The EPL is absolutely shit though, I wouldn’t expect a footix to get it.

1 Like

It’s an incredibly weak this season. Look badly exposed Liverpool were against Athletico Madrid.

Sure the Italian stadiums were half empty long before Covid. A league in decline.

No harm losing to the finalists of 14’ and 16’. Man Utd were knocked out in the group by Basle in 2011.

Nobody is saying the man united team in 2011 was a great team.

No one was saying Liverpool were either till you piped up to diminish Klopp, but we get it - you’re hurting very badly by all the attention Liverpool are getting …

This Liverpool team are good - if they can win another league or CL in the next couple of years they’ll be regarded as a great team.

By the by - How long would you expect any team to continue their run in Europe? They got to back to back finals - it’s ridiculously hard to get to 2, let alone three in a row.

1 Like

An indication that the league was actually weaker back then. City knocked out in the group the same season. Mikel Arteta was quoted in an interview as saying that Liverpool and Man City are the two top teams in Europe at the minute.

Man united done it 08 and 09 along with three titles in a row.

three cl finals in a row?