Jeremy Corbyn he's in the SA

Isnt democracy dead though when you’ve to keep repeating the same referendum over and over again until you get the right vote, like our Lisbon referendum. Brexit doesnt suit us here at all obviously, but they voted out, they should go out. Beef/dairy farmers (who are the most exposed) will be grand here and there will never be a hard border with the North. There will be no tariffs of consequence either…are the Germans going to stop selling their cars to the Brits, not a hope. Key thing really is, the EU project is failing…we’ve done reasonably well out of it granted, but at the same time the EU threw us under a bus of USC taxes for the forseeable future and our kids future to bail out the bondholders et al. That doesnt sit well with me personally. Saying that I dont think we should or could afford to ever leave.

There will be no new referendum, the UK will leave. Another referendum which overturns the first (as it undoubtedly would) would cause divisions in England that would take a generation or two to heal. Both major parties know that. The EU is fucked, the economy is entering a recession just at the time you have rising populism already. After the UK, Italy, Greece and then France will leave and then it’s all over.

More democracy cannot by definition be anti-democratic.

The 2016 referendum was a sham as far as democracy goes - i) it threw out the UK’s system of parliamentary sovereignty, ii) the Leave campaign flagrantly broke funding laws and iii) the Leave campaign shamelessly bombarded Britain with a torrent of outright lies and fantasies.

The EU is not failing, it’s been the most successsful multi-national bloc in history. There’s a reason why others, such as Turkey, are clamouring to get in.

Anarcho-capitalists and kleptocrats such as Putin and his poodle Trump want to destroy it because they want to destroy all regulation and social protection and particularly in Putin’s case, he wants a world in which multi-national blocs no longer exist because he wants to eliminate opposition to Russia asserting its military power on the global stage and in former Soviet territories. Putin wants Russia’s empire back.

The EU gives Ireland strength in numbers. Without it, we would be nothing.

What the Brits are doing is akin to a country having a collective nervous breakdown similar to what’s going on with Trump supporters in the US.

If they leave, they’ll find that they are a pawn on the global stage.

2 Likes

Your argument as to why there should be no second referendum is literally “the fash would wreck the country, so they should be given in to”.

That isn’t an argument for not holding a second referendum and it’s also entirely in keeping with your obvious pro-fascist tendencies.

The EU gives us a market of 500 million people…its huge for us and we’re too small to even consider walking away from that…would be insanity. But, I would be concerned about it as a project going forward. Its essentially been kept on its feet by printing money by the ECB. No inflation long term is no good either…you’re effectively prolonging the pain. Greece has improved a bit, but Italy is in bad shape. The EU will survive alright, but I reckon we’re in for another crash in the next couple of years. And as we’re such an open market…we’re overwhelmingly exposed.

Regarding the Brits, I can’t see them leaving either. They’ll realise in time that they’re no longer the imperial powerhouse that they once were outside of London.

There you go again, Nazi, Nazi Nazi.
You’re the only intolerant fascist on here pal, always right in your delusional head but always wrong in the place called reality.
Live with it.

There will be a major war in Western Europe within 35 years. Unless Brexit is delivered in some shape or form in the UK, there will be very serious repercussions

You are a fascist and you do have Nazi sympathies. That’s why you rightly get called a Nazi.

There’s no other reason.

Your political views are astoundingly beyond the pale, they’re craazy and highly dangerous and what one would expect from a commenter on a Gemma O’Doherty video on YouTube. You demonstrably are a far right disinformation merchant who despises the concept of truth, and you have absolutely no concept of reality and a total inability for critical thinking.

All this is fascism 101. That’s your level.

There, there Sid, have a lie down, it’s going to be a long weekend for the Rachel Maddow fanboys.

Wow, what a response, that’s me told.

Didn’t bother reading the rest of the post but would have liked if you’d replaced “sheer” with Shearer

Epic bantz from the Paras.

tenor

3 Likes

Boom, boom
Let me hear you say Jezza
JEZZA

1 Like

JEZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Jezza’s some precious attention seeking little diva. He’s too big a deal to trot along to his queen’s banquet and meet trump. Then he turns round and asks for his own special meeting with trump. Sure you couldn’t make it up.

I laughed at you calling somebody else a precious attention seeking little diva

The irony flew over your little head didn’t it

You need to let that Tyrian towers thing go mate.

It ain’t me that has to let it go pal

You made a tit of yourself

Plus ca change and all that

You’ve a bit to go it seems.