Joe Duffy's Liveline

Styl Fux the grabby oul codger

1 Like

There’s no need for that. It’s encouraging to the likes of @Fagan_ODowd and myself that at 86 (in Syl’s case) you can still think about it at least.

1 Like

I’m down to one horn a day myself.

God be with the days

6 Likes

As my late father-in-law used to say “stiff in all the wrong places”…

3 Likes

Some lad on now complaining about shops rounding up and down and not getting his 3 cent of change.

1 Like

The concept of rounding down is lost on him is it?

It’s the principle he said.

They are all on now.

People are fucking crazy.

Does he had over the 3 cent when he’s being under charged?

He reckons that never happens as the prices are fixed to mean they always round up.

Woman on now who travelled through many European countries this year and they all give exact change. Reckons she will get a pair of shoes at end of year from getting her rounded up change back.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful paranoia.

3 Likes

Is the game rigged?

2 Likes

Joe not on today. Damien Reilly. Joe must be seething. This is fantastic radio. They should have saved this for Hurricane day.

None of them get that it works both ways. “ The price is the price. It’s ridiculous. “

Is Joe part time now?

I’d love to ring in and say the ERSI carried out research with findings that the customer actually gains slightly over the course of a year… they’d go buck ape.

2 Likes

I don’t tune in that regularly but he does seem off fairly often. Would he draw a pension?

Bill reckons no way in hell it is cost neutral. He now says with a straight face “Irish people really don’t like to complain”

He is 63 so no pension entitlements yet.

Damian, who was once married to distance runner Catherina McKiernan, traversed the invisible border at the weekend. He pulled in and got £35.01 in diesel. Canny Nordie attendant handed gormless Paddy £4.99 in loose change out of his £40.00 tendered.

Damian referred to it in the context of the radio show, but being a mane Cavan bastard was inwardly fucking seething. I’ve filed the matter mentally to relate to my main man in Derrylin. He’ll foal laughing…

1 Like

Irish rail getting a hammering. Sounds like people are absolute animals on the train.