Joe Duffy's Liveline

They didnt have to attack, they were leading.

This is Traps Ireland.

They players play to his plan.

You’re a thoughtful man, fair play to you.

I’m not sure whether to appeal to his heart or his mind.

This may take some time.

[quote=“myboyblue”]They didnt have to attack, they were leading.

This is Traps Ireland.

They players play to his plan.[/quote]

you cant expect any team to defend a one goal lead for 90 mins.

We used to do it constantly at under 10’s . Some season, about eight 1-0 scorelines. We only won the cup though.

Many teams do it, and with ease.

Had Kilbane not put through his own net on a nothing ball or had Whelan tracked Petrov’s run, Ireland could easily have held out.

Had McGeady taken the stone cold chance he got, Ireland could have been two up.

Just because the players are limited, doesnt mean their gutless. Its not enjoyable to watch, but its the gameplan, and thats it.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Many teams do it, and with ease.
[/quote]

Obviously Ireland cant

Run along there and get me the amount of shots Bulgaria had on target Saturday night?

Also while you’re at, get the number of 1-0 wins Ireland have had under Trap. One should suffice to prove Ireland can do it.

No, they can, they just didnt the other night. Now stop being a spoilt child and get over it. We are all pissed off about the result and the manner of but all the pissing and moaning aint gonna change it. Now get behind the team or fook off.

Here, we’re losing sight of our ultimate goal of persauding Stephen Ireland to come back and play for us again. “Whiskey in the Jar” from “Craggy Island” is clearly a plant from the Bulgarian FA using obvious Irish references to come amongst us and sow seeds of discontent and a split camp.

Steven will not abandon us for much longer, I can feel it in my urine.

i didnt want to seem to be groveling to the lad so i have left Stephan with an ultimatum, turn up for Wednesday or fuck off and die.

Somebody suggested it earlier today.

[quote=“HBV*”]i didnt want to seem to be groveling to the lad so i have left Stephan with an ultimatum, turn up for Wednesday or fuck off and die.

Somebody suggested it earlier today.[/quote]

Your heart is in the right place volvic, Steven will understand your frustration.

Good lad.

exactly. he deserted his country and here ye are begging at his feet. As Johnny Giles said the other night - Ireland made up a cock and bull story to get out of playing for his country

I think we can all accept the poor fella was a little confused back then. It was a shameful episode. I think we could go as far as to just place the fault at Staunton.

Come back Stevie, we love you.

[quote=“myboyblue”]
Come back Stevie, we love you.[/quote]

stevie staunton or stevie ireland??:smiley:

I love them both and their emotionally retarded little ways.

Out at the clients yesterday auditing away. One of the guys calls me over to listen to Liveline. I went over and there seemed to be an echo in the radio. It turns out that the guy over the partition was on the phone to Joe.

Gas. :guns:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Out at the clients yesterday auditing away. One of the guys calls me over to listen to Liveline. I went over and there seemed to be an echo in the radio. It turns out that the guy over the partition was on the phone to Joe.

Gas. :guns:[/QUOTE]

:guns::smiley:

What was he on about farmer?

What was he on about farmer?[/QUOTE]

Accomodation for kids in the Gaeltacht.

Apparently there is no regulation over it and his kids stayed in a right kip.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Accomodation for kids in the Gaeltacht.

Apparently there is no regulation over it and his kids stayed in a right kip.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, thats actually a decent complaint, takes the fun out if.