Joe Duffy's Liveline

They must have been very depressed to do that.

A catastrophic failure of mental health services for sure.

Fuck sake.

1 Like

Fellas that are disgusted by the wolfe tones better not look up the translation of Amhran Na Bhfiann

2 Likes

I turned it off before the end but I’m surprised that’s your takeaway to be honest. Warfield spoke and even shouted over the lady who called in repeatedly, that was the cause of Joe interrupting him first. They both kept at it then and it descended into further farce. At least that was what I heard. Warfield was by far the offender for speaking over others on the segment.

She shouldn’t have been allowed to call in repeatedly.

What do you mean? She called in, then Brian had a good bit of time to respond, then Joe wanted to go back to the caller and Warfield wouldn’t let her speak. That’s how the show is supposed to work, right? People get to respond, and then Joe brings in more callers and phases out the early ones, but they generally get to respond to each other to bring the conversation along. I thought Warfield had loads of time uninterrupted and then he caused the descent of it by not allowing the lady or others to speak. It would have been easy enough for him to shut up for a moment and then have his time for response.

She should have called him Derek to piss him off

2 Likes

I was just making a bit of fun of your syntax. I don’t listen to Joe Duffy.

What a fiasco. I’ll have to rebrand altogether after this.

Me too probably now.

@thelimericks love the wolfe tones

Delighted to give that the 10th

1 Like

Great post

Stopped listening to them decades ago
They charged tbe Bloody Sunday relatives an obscene amount ref a concert,
At the time they were funding to push an enquiry into the massacre,
After their fees, hotels etc etc wasn’t a whole lot left.
Weren’t invited back.

1 Like

The truth is neither the wolfe tones or Joe Duffy are representative of the ordinary paddy but people like them steal the headlines . Having said that Duffy is a dose

3 Likes

WTs we’re mainly for young rebels back in tbe day
No one else was covering ‘our’ songs then

Different times , tbh I’m nauseous when I hear them now,
Don’t get me wrong I still listen to songs of freedom etc but never from them whures,
They got on the bandwagon of ppls frustrations,apathy , dissolution, feelings of abandonment at the time in the 6 counties and the whures never got off!

1 Like

Catchy tune. They’ve a few. Nice cover of Green and Red of Mayo

An auld Footix from Meath eulogising George Best on Liveline just now. It’s not even his birthday so I’m not sure what the occasion is for a Liveline dedicated to him. Some decent stories though.

Did they tell the one about Best, Miss World and the waiter delivering the champagne to the hotel room? You never hear that one told.

1 Like

There’s a fella talking about an interaction with John Giles in the toilets of a hotel now. Katie Hannon is humouring these fellas very well. George was a lovely fella according to the callers.

1 Like