Joey Barton

A neighbours kid got stick in school there a while back for refusing to ā€˜walkā€™ someone who identifies as a dog. Im not even messing.

1 Like

You get a lot of it in Catowice

6 Likes

Ouch

Thatā€™s ruff

Theyā€™ve had to instal litter boxes at Anfield as Coach Klopp has us purring.

2 Likes

you back supporting them now?

Years of listening to the likes of Paul Merson, Le Tissier, Cascarino, et al and Iā€™ve never heard a misstatement from any of them.

Just listened to start of this. Absolutely brilliant man to tell a story. Fuck me he has some opinion of himself though! Phenomenal tin roofer

1 Like

Which is undoubtedly more than we can say for the dogā€¦
(Speaking of which, whwas a scoop/bag provided?)

She probably discovered this while climbing a tree to get hold of a cat

Does anyone on here think Barton is correct?

Does he even have a point?

I think his original point was very fair and loads of people agree with it. Personally id prefer a panel of players I know and have watched playing to discuss a big match. The only thing worth watching analysis for is a bit of a row so Iā€™d prefer they were opinionated cunts who will argue with each other, your brollys, dunphys even Keanes. The women are only finding their way so there is never a semblance of a row when they are on.
I equally can fully understand the reasons why they are putting women on these panels and think female sport needs positive discrimination to bring it from the point itā€™s historically at and give girls proper role models. Barton has made a complete and utter cunt of himself after but watching half an hour of that interview above tells you all you need to know about him. Heā€™s an absolute madman.

If you have played your sport to the highest level, can handle being on TV or radio and not freeze, and come prepared then yes, you are qualified. Doesnā€™t matter what gender you are. Barton is honing in on football, but does anyone give a hoot when you are watching tennis, or showjumping, or hockey, or swimming, or athletics?? I donā€™t think so in my experience.

big time

he paints losing 5-1 to Celtic as a good thing

I suppose his point is that it would be like the ballygunner wing back suddenly being parachuted in to discuss Limerick v Kilkenny in the all Ireland semi final. Heā€™s obviously a very good hurler and plays at a high level but it just wouldnā€™t happen.

No

Tbh, at times journalists that never played the game are a lot more insightful that ex players - Barney Ronay/Jonathan Wilson are a lot more informative than sadlier/keane etc

3 Likes

Thereā€™s some merit in it - the original point that is. Thereā€™s a few female pundits absolutely hopeless and you know they are there to tick a box. But who cares reallyā€¦ Iā€™d never listen to pre and half time punditry and would only listen to post match if there was controversy in the game. Tv as a whole is a bland safe space now all ticking boxes for inclusion purposes. Accept it and move onā€¦ Itā€™s only tv/ sport. But in saying that, if someone is clearly incompetent then they need to go. One female pundit in particular is being called out as completely hopeless by tonnes of joey loyalists but Iā€™ve never heard her myself.

Whatā€™s more amusing to me is the amount of mixed race couples we have in Irelandā€¦ Going by tv adverts that is. :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Yeah but that point almost backs up Bartonā€™s point. They are often far better speakers and far more informed but they are never on panels for matches.
Maybe itv rte etc should just be fully honest and say ā€˜look we are giving womenā€™s sport a leg up. Wed like it to become more popular as this will have a beneficial effect on young girls physical and mental health and we think things like this will help. Stop taking yourself and it so seriously Joey you four eyed cunt.ā€™

1 Like

Some of the best analysts I know didnā€™t play the sport to any level.

2 Likes