John Delaney/ tugging off half the forum

You’re surely not going to dig in here.

Oh he is you know.

Am I wrong?

The point was made that teams have been qualifying regularly for the Europa League under Delaney’s stewardship.

In those 13 years two out of 26 teams have managed to qualify for the groups stages.

That’s below 8%, hardly a statistic for Cult of Delaney on here to row in behind.

Meanwhile Spain have won two European Cups, a World Cup and have had multiple Champions league and Europa cup winners in that time and Delaney earns almost double of his Spanish counterpart. He is a crook

Has anyone got the Brian Kerr video where he makes shit of the FAI?

1 Like

13 years?

You initially said that LOI teams gained automatic qualification to the Europa League. This was indeed wrong as they gain entry to the pre-qualification phase rather than the Europa League itself. I think you’ve now acknowledged that you were wrong without explicitly admitting it by virtue of your post providing statistics on how many LOI clubs have gotten through the qualifying rounds and into the Europa League in recent years.

Sorry 12 years.

Delaney was appointed as CEO of the FAI in 2004, I thought it was 2003.

12 years?

Have you been drinking?

I think he has

:rollseyes:

So does a team started in the preliminary round of the Ulster Championship not compete in that Championship until they win round?

Christ you’re seeing to new levels of ineptitude.

christ

Ah here. There’s debate and then there’s you being either silly and stubborn for the sake of it or engaging in a juvenile wind up. :unamused:

Yerra he even thinks Delaney has been in charge of the League for 13 (sorry 12) years.

How many times did an Irish team qualify for the UEFA Cup group stage before Delaney took over?

Fine. If it doesn’t count then it completely pours rubbish on claiming that Delaney can point to team regularly qualifying for The Europa League as major achievement.

Two in 12 years. Two out of 24 teams.

I didn’t make that claim myself. But your claim about automatic Europa League qualification was incorrect.

You’re getting into semantics to try and cling to an irrelevant statistic to try and make Delaney’s term look more impressive.

Two teams enter the Europa League competition from the League of Ireland every year. In his 12 year stewardship two out of 24 have qualified for the League Phase of that competition.

@the_man_himself there have been many fine performances by League of Ireland teams over the year previous to Delaney taking charge.

• Shels holding Deportivo, the semi finalists from a couple of months previously, to a draw at home.

• Cork City holding Bayern Munich to a 1-1 drave at Musgrave Park in 1991.

• Bohemians defeated Kaiserlauten away in 2000

Is there an official FAI security detail who remove anti-Delaney banners from games or is that an urban legend?

No. It happened.

1 Like