Jordan Peterson šŸ vs CH4

She wasnā€™t lying - she just wasnt forthcoming with private informationā€¦

Is it against the law to ask whether a candidate will knowingly require any extended period of time off (other than holiday leave) over the next 12 months - and if so how long?

That can be aimed at both male + female candidates - everyone knows where they stand at least from there.

I thought @mikehunt was a caring and compassionate guy?

Ah ffs. You donā€™t have to pay their wages. Itā€™s covered by PSRI. Some employers decide to continue to pay full wages as a perk, others donā€™t.

1 Like

Companies donā€™t have to pay maternity leave

Deary me

Dear oh dear

Just let @balbec handle the interview

3 Likes

Bring back iotm

1 Like

OH Mane Mane

And there you have the reason why the ā€˜Labourā€™ party are wavering around 3% and looking likely to be wiped out at the next election!!!

Juhy be canvassing for Alan Farrell at the next election

3 Likes

:grinning:

A pregnant woman would be completely unsuited to stocking vending machines in any case, all that chocolate.

2 Likes

:laughing:

Sheā€™s probably looking for a ring on her finger, not her hand stuck in ring C5.

Ouch.

You have to pay her 90% for six weeks and I think 50% for another while on the mainland. You also have to pay her pension. You can try and claim some back, but not all, and you have to pay the grossly inflated wages of an agency.
You also have to pay for any pregnancy related sick pay and any hospital or doctor appointment time. It adds up.
You have to pay all accrued annual leave also.
None of this is reclaimable.

ā€œI thinkā€

Iā€™m not sure what % it is, and I canā€™t be bothered to look it up. My point stands that it costs a small business in both financial and other ways.

I am commenting on this case alone. I donā€™t know what business @flattythehurdler is in but if the role requires a certain level of trust then my immediate opinion of her would change. She didnā€™t trust them enough to tell them she was pregnant.

Sheā€™s destroyed you all here. Utterly destroyed you.

That is some dose.