Jordan Peterson 🐐 vs CH4

Try playing that card and you will lose.

Sounds like HR dynamite. The sort of thing that if it got out would take down a business. Nearly as bad as Phil Neville’s tweets.

1 Like

You’d have the boys over from head office sharpish.

1 Like

Not my area but it’s in almost all contracts now that you have to complete a probationary period before permanent status is applied.
If you’re not up to scratch you’ll be left go.

1 Like

Ah here. U get rid cos she’s not up to it not cos she’s pregnant.

1 Like

How the head honchos at Manchester United must wish they had written probationary periods into the contracts of the vast majority of their signings in recent years.

1 Like

And who pays the wages during pregnancy ? Is it the employer or is it paid through PRSI? Over here the first 30 days of sickness are paid by the employer but then the PRSI pays up to the birth and throughout the (12 month) maternity leave.

Need more than just your word against hers.

Yeah you would be in big trouble.

It’s discretionary. No company is obliged to pay maternity. That’s paid for by your PRSI.
Some company’s do top up their employees salary to their full pay as the maternity payment may be well short of the working salary.

1 Like

Ye must get nothing done with that can’t do attitude. Do u follow all policies and procedures?

Mate, have i followed this thread wrong or are you not suggesting that somebody fire a woman because she is pregnant??

No. He’s saying you find another reason to fire because she’s pregnant. Keep up dum dum.

1 Like

Fired for being dishonest from the start.

I haven’t read much, missed the dishonest bit

You appear to be making this assertion on the basis of something very silly, like “all women are duplicitous bitches”, or something like that?

That would seem to be the only possible explanation as no actual evidence of her “dishonesty” has so far been provided.

I know cases where this has happened and the small business has really struggled to survive. It would break my own company if we had to pay a wage to a person who wasn’t working for whatever reason. I’m not saying it’s right but there should be some level of cop on involved here or more detailed legislation with regard to how much a company should pay if someone is on maternity leave.

1 Like

She wasn’t lying - she just wasnt forthcoming with private information…

Is it against the law to ask whether a candidate will knowingly require any extended period of time off (other than holiday leave) over the next 12 months - and if so how long?

That can be aimed at both male + female candidates - everyone knows where they stand at least from there.

I thought @mikehunt was a caring and compassionate guy?

Ah ffs. You don’t have to pay their wages. It’s covered by PSRI. Some employers decide to continue to pay full wages as a perk, others don’t.

1 Like