Jordan Peterson 🐐 vs CH4

I can tell you’re in some organisation where you follow policies and procedures to the letter. Are you middle management in a large company/organisation perhaps? Others have mentioned the potential impact to small companies. You would put the company and other employees at risk to obey the law? There is a probation period, if she’s not up to it, get rid. It’s straight forward to get rid of someone during the probation period. There are unwritten policies used by companies on how to get rid of employees who complain of bullying or cause any hassle. Very naive to think employment law protects employees.

1 Like

There is often a clause allowing to extend probation in certain exceptional circumstances .

Great post.

I most certainly am not.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy has done a lovely subtle fishing job here.

He’s reeled in all the usual suspects.

Now he has noted forum simpletons such as @Smark almost in tears with outrage that women have such a thing as maternity rights.

2 Likes

Your response here is to try to fire someone who was probably scared to say they were pregnant as they would think they won’t be considered for the job. You’ve no idea on their personal job circumstances, say if their previous employer just went to the wall. You say dishonest but it’s a pretty logical position to hold.

Just as the employer being pissed off about it is.

Instead of looking to blame individuals who ultimately want to work, why not look for a better policy? I find it quite bizarre that a guy who claims others are uncaring for questioning the policy of giving 5 Euro dole increases in a rapidly expanding jobs market would be so quick to look for sneaky ways to shitcan someone.

The children are the future bro, dolies getting another few bob for cans are not.

It’s already been explained how it can cause significant issues for small companies. What if a current employee is also about to go on maternity. What if an already under pressure company goes under and long term employees lose their jobs? You have a very narrow, blinkered out-look on things. Looking at the bigger picture was never one of your strong points.

I didn’t say it wouldn’t cause issues. Read what I post.

I said I find it interesting in this hypothetical situation that your initial reaction is the smear this person as dishonest and look for ways to fire them.

As I keep posting it is entirely understandable that someone pregnant and looking for a job would be reticent to disclose that. It is also entirely understandable that a small business would be miffed over it.

You need to calm down here, Mike. You cant be sacking pregnant women.

She wasn’t upfront about her circumstances when interviewing for the role. On being informed of her successful application she immediately went about informing them of her maternity leave. This should raise alarm bells for even the simplest of minds. Time will tell but I imagine she will not be a model employee. It’s easier to get rid of someone during the probationary period.

You can if u do it right.

Correct about it irking the bosses and it might be her undoing in the end but as that square headed bastard @balbec pointed out - the law is the law and no company wants that press. If it was your wife going for the role and you needed the income, what would you tell your wife to do in this situation?

You gotta protect the brand, man.

There are laws to ensure companies are tax compliant (rarely applied some might say). If you break those laws you are guilty of tax evasion. Ever hear of tax avoidance? Well the same bending of rules apply to employment law. It is quite easy to get rid of someone while they are on their probationary period. Not so much if they are permanent. The same happened in my mrs’ place of work. She thought it was a sly act. The same lady was gone before her probation period was up.

It’s gas the mentality of your typical Oirish male on view here. Still suspicious about women , thinking women are sly or that they were tricked by a pregnancy. It’s the same mentality that had women locked up 40 years ago for getting knocked up for fear that a woman would trick a man into losing his inheritance or at least having to share it. The same mentality that legitimized illegitimacy, banned divorce and so on. It’s symptomatic of an agrarian peasant society and by the looks of things it will take generations to breed out of the Oirish male.

7 Likes

Far from a silent majority, these people are a very vocal fringe minority these days.

I wholeheartedly believe in the rights of these people to continually make fools of themselves - I’m all for minority rights.

I really only think Mike is serious here? — 'm being a tad OTT yourself, bro.

It is genuinely fascinating to watch the dinosaurs and cavemen on here discuss items such as equality in the workplace and same sex marriage.

1 Like

It certainly is. It’s like a hidden Ireland/Didsbury programme

2 Likes

An impressive strawman you’ve built there in pursuit of a like.

1 Like