Jordan Peterson šŸ vs CH4

Your post suggests you understand peterson, robbins and closet homosexuals?

1 Like

Yip.

And get help for something you canā€™t.

He believes we can fix most things ourselves if we just slow down and think about it.

Calm your tits. Maybe Peterson has a video that can help you with being so fucking precious all the time. I donā€™t need to copy and paste. Now, you replied to me, so fuck off and stop annoying me.

Do make the bed every morning?

Most people donā€™t have a bed that doubles as a couch/table

3 Likes

I started the self authoring last night. It is powerful stuff. It is not comfortable.

I would say a lot of lads on here who had to stare into the abyss of themselves would not come back from that journey.

7 Likes

Jordan is forcing lads like to glas to reevaluate his life, he canā€™t handle it

2 Likes

Without revealing too much obviously , have you had more standard forms of therapy?
Itā€™s pretty much the same for me so far as previous experiences.

Only started though.

More right than wrong imho Glas.
Iā€™m basing this entirely on soundbites Iā€™ve read here and that interview with the dimwit on channel 4

I have no doubt. But that doesnā€™t mean he shouldnā€™t be taken with a grain of salt and that everyone shouldnā€™t question what he says for themself, like absolutely everyone and anything else.

1 Like

I entirely agree. Someone needs to challenge what seems to be becoming some of the Liberal orthodoxy though, and he does a good job of that , though treating his every utterance like a form of scripture is equally a malaise.
Where we have a woman who was privileged to be in a position to look after a baby rescued by her partner looking for money as a balm for witnessing a scene, something has gone deeply wrong in society though.
The natural extension of this is to open the makers of distressing documentaries or horror films for causing ā€œptsdā€ (nightmares).

I have done a fair few development coaching and sessions with a psychologist - aimed at work stuff in terms of goals more than personal. All connected though

Similar gist to this - the answers are all inside you and the trick is to question you in such a way that you come up with the answers yourself and based on that start to implement solutions. The skill is in the questioning but it only works if you do the work too.

1 Like

Like anything really.

We all need to work on ourselves.

Unfortunately society is set up that you work hard for leaving cert, then go to college, then get a job.

Then thatā€™s the end of it. I think itā€™s why so many of the ā€œprofessionalsā€ stagnate at 30-35 . Some lads I know are just as immature at 35 at 25. The only thing that seems to change them is the forced event if a birth of a child or death of a parent.

Itā€™s becoming more and more important as the world changes

2 Likes

Agreed , Donā€™t feel guilty if you donā€™t know what you want to do with your lifeā€¦
the most interesting people I know didnā€™t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives
some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still donā€™t

8 Likes

Maybe youā€™ll get married, maybe you wonā€™t.

2 Likes

Hardly staring into the abyss now is it?

Well these lads definitely shouldnā€™t get married.

Maybe itā€™s pure luck or maybe itā€™s somewhat planning, but I am so happy I did not get married younger.

Some lads are ready and have their shit together. But I would suggest together they are the exception rather than the rule under 35ish

Depends on the person of course.

I have listened to people absolutely genuinely is distress about something. Full of anxiety.

Yet in my head I would have thought ā€œget a grip, this is not heavy shitā€.
However I was wrong. Heavy shit comes in different forms for different people.

Realising that I suppose is another level of empathy

4 Likes

Iā€™m beginning the self authoring this weekend. If you are any way serious about your life you need to constantly go outside your comfort zoneā€¦ You can see thatā€™s the problem with most lads here, they just want to stay in the comfort zone, sipping a few pints on weekends and lashing out on the internet midweek.

4 Likes

Genuine question Flatty, what is this liberal orthodoxy and where do you see it?