Jordan Peterson šŸ vs CH4

So youā€™ve blamed everyone except the legal profession.

Why canā€™t you have a discussion without name calling and insults? If Peterson can help you to calm the fuck down then itā€™s a worthwhile exercise for you.

Liberal fearmongering is now the problem, about kids running in school is it? These are genuine questions.

1 Like

They are highly complex questions that need highly complex answers.

I do not have the time.

And to be honest I would only engage with people I feel up to proper discussion.

A proper discussion on these things would dwarf even the rape trial.

1 Like

I could go on and on, but I havenā€™t the energy. Look, itā€™s better than public execution of non believers etc, but there has to be a balance. In my opinion, some small but vocal groups have a disproportionate say in society as most people are too tired trying to keep a roof over their heads to argue.
One example. We, at our place a while back, employed someone to do a racial awareness course. As it was on our dime, it was a bit more interesting than the standard rubbish I have sat through elsewhere, as we interacted a bit with the lecturer, who was a cottage industry, but actually pretty good.
We asked things about discrimination at interview, selection for interview etc. Itā€™s just bizarre. Not allowed to look at a reference now until after appointing a candidate, and cannot alter the decision no matter what is written there. Pretty much asking for legal action if one gives a poor reference, which would likely be successful against you as a referee, but giving a good reference to a poor candidate also leaves one liable to legal action.
We asked about if there were a group of people in a q and a session with hands up, could we point and say, ā€œthe white/black/Asian gentleman in the cornerā€?
No.
Could we say ā€œthe person with the long dark hairā€?
Better not do that either.
How would you demonstrate the person you were referring to then?
ā€œthe person in the red jumperā€
Thatā€™s just one poor example, but there are plenty.

Is it news to you that written references are a thing of the past?

It is. It is.

Very easy way of getting around that. Make a phone call.

Thatā€™s illegal too bud apparently.

If a written reference is then I would imagine that a verbal one would also be.

The key thing of course is that the written reference leaves a record, verbal one doesnā€™t.

It does if they really want to go after ypu.

Phone records.

You failed to answer a question earlier.

You question mouse on attacking people he does not know.

But you do also? Why?

Or are you just going to leave it at ypu being an outrageous hypocrite???

Heā€™s attacking Ewan McKenna on another thread but doesnt have the balls to address Ewan himself who is online and posting away on the same threadā€¦ what a joker.

1 Like

Phone records from where exactly?

Donā€™t care what makes me a hypocrite - you are still a cunt.

We were informed that if the potential candidate found out that a request for a chat about them had been made, it was indefensible, and, as them finding out was quite likely to happen, youā€™d want your head examined, or words to that effect.

Iā€™m too real for your sensibilities.

Thatā€™s the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx9oSJDAVQ

Ok. So this candidate would be unlikely to mention anything to do with references on their CV.

Throw them in the No pile. Fudge the assessment sheet.

Yeah - legally the world is going more towards the ultimate protection of the individual but there are always ways around it.

@farmerinthecity putting a few right wing nut jobs in their place the last 2 days

1 Like

We went into the CV /application lark at length.
Basically we were told
A that you HAVE to shortlist and interview everyone who meets the criteria.
And B, that, no matter how big a cunt someone comes across in an interview, you are on potentially very thin ice, and liable to be sued, if they meet the criteria and you donā€™t appoint. Ie its not a safe option not to appoint anyone.
So, effectively, you canā€™t not shortlist, and you have to appoint.
I then brought up the David Brent ā€œthatā€™s got rid of the unlucky ones, I donā€™t want unlucky people working hereā€ line. This, apparently, is perfectly acceptable, as would getting bored halfway through a pile of applications and simply throwing the remainder away, as it is non-discriminatory.

PS Iā€™d add the rider that this is what we were told by a person charging 200 lids an hour in a self propagating industry.

He hasnā€™t a fucking notion what he is on about.

He is soaked in personal bias.

1 Like