Jordan Peterson 🐐 vs CH4

I can see how calm and reasoned you are about this :joy:

Radicalized Islam that calls for jihad against the west should be banned in the west. There are limits to free speech, agitating for the overthrow of western civilization to be replaced by 7th century barbarity is a clear and present danger, more so than delusional nutters denying the holocaust, which has had many people locked up in Europe.

What use would that be? Radical Islam isn’t a threat in the USA.

The very definition of a successful person is watching three hour Jordan Peterson videos on YouTube.

1 Like

4 Likes

Peterson claims that religion (his word) directly impacts our behaviour, in that our actions occur as a result of some sort of religion influence.

He can keep his 20 years experience.

What’s incorrect about that? I’d consider myself agnostic / atheist but i’m a Catholic agnostic / atheist … you cant avoid the influences of the wider dominating culture you grow up in.

3 Likes

If you don’t believe religion has an enormous influence on human behavior, then you know nothing about humans or their behavior. Religion has been around since the earliest hominids, in fact there’s some evidence Neanderthals had religious ceremonies.

Studying religion and understanding its impact on human societies doesn’t make someone religious or a believer, you dullard.

Peterson believes it himself you clown.

He believes that the only way to explain why humans do not murder and kill each other is that the Greater Power is somehow making them be nice to each other.

Have you this on video?

I’m not so sure about that?? Maybe religion in what it can teach us morally/socially - the greater good etc. etc - But, and I could be wrong here, i’ve never heard him actually say the power of the divine intervenes in our lives … that would contradict a lot of his other stuff - but he has so much info out there i could easily have missed it. Have you a link to where he says this?

Yes.

They are afraid of real confrontation.

With themselves most especially

2 Likes

It is one of his anti atheism videos. I am sure they are all the same.

You forgot to log in as whatever other goon ypu are pretending to be.

2 Likes

Huh?

From the guy who who roars abuse at anyone that disagrees with him in a discussion :smile:

A simpleton summary of what he actually has said. You clearly have zero understanding of the history of religion or mythology and the impact it has had on human civilization, or what Peterson has to say about this.

Peterson has never claimed to believe in anything supernatural, in fact I would classify him as an agnostic atheist like @anon61956325 and myself. He correctly classifies religion as a set of stories that humans have created over hundreds of thousands of years to try and make sense of how a society should function and how an individual should function within that society.

3 Likes

He’s essentially an atheist himself, but atheists love arguing with each other over their lack of belief.

Fair enough — I’ve always understood it as him saying that a religious system or a god - keeps us grounded morally and not that a god intervenes in our lives per se … i.e , we are wired to subscribe to religion / the devine and from what I’ve heard him say he takes all stories/myths around the divine , not just christian, as fundamental to human progress.