Kev

https://twitter.com/movementcoachkm/status/1815313001831924090?t=y5DrG1HBtrUvQjawe7v9ig&s=19

An opus

6 Likes

Dalo doesnt get it.

Iā€™d say he was spitting all night long.

1 Like

He forgot to include ā€œBayesian priorsā€ in his stream of horseshit which I didnā€™t read.

1 Like

He is so wrong it is funny. It is the fact that TK is basically a perfect technician that allows him to move that way.

What buys him the space? His touch

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll see the error of his ways once a few lads point them out to him. Heā€™ll apologise for being wrong before the end of the day.

10 Likes

England are competitive now in soccer as they realised the need to focus more on the technical side of the sport instead of running around kicking lumps out of each other in games based mayhem.

I hope the great man does a wall ball session for the lads. Iā€™ll be down to have a look

2 Likes

Be sure to do a deep-dive on proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation beforehand

5 Likes

Some things are not meant to be analysed, they are not meant to be understood, they are only meant to make grown men cry tears of wonder. Some grown men donā€™t get that.

1 Like

You canā€™t coach what he done anyway. His balance is amazing. His natural build allows him to do it.

Street, ball, wall, childish imagination, dreams, other worldliness.

Surprisingly (to myself, because Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever said this before), Iā€™m almost coming down on the side of Kev here.

Not fully whole-hearted behind all the waffle he said but I do think that the particular skillset that Kelly showed in that moment was all instinct where he had to improvise to get around an opponent. That instinct is definitely honed in matches and training against other players too.

Obviously Kellyā€™s unbelievable touch probably originated in a ball wall or somewhere but the evading of opponents is definitely something you learn from going up against opposition.

I actually thought it was an odd enough comment from Dalo at the time.

1 Like

When he scored that goal most people were thinking to themselves ā€œwhat brilliant eyesight he showed there!ā€

2 Likes

ā€œI saw a couple of red bodies in front of me and I just had to kind of avoid them,ā€ Kelly said afterwards. ā€œI was going to take my point. Often goals are made by the defender rather than yourself. You donā€™t take the ball thinking, ā€˜Iā€™m going to score a goal hereā€™. You take whatā€™s in front of you really.
ā€œSo when the defender came, I didnā€™t want to get blocked down so I had to sidestep him. And then another defender came and I had to sidestep again. And once youā€™re through, you have to have a rattle off the goal. I was fortunate enough that it hit the back of the net.

Of course it was instinctive, if Kev was given a thousand years to waffle he couldnā€™t coach that into someone. Heā€™s jumping on a split-second Dalo comment to justify his own rĆ”imĆ©is

8 Likes

The best hurlers, the ones you pay to watch, look like they see things in slow motion, Kelly looked like that at least three times yesterday for scores

I donā€™t think thatā€™s ball alley stuff, itā€™s more the 10 thousand hours principle allied to incredible natural ability

A superstar of the game

4 Likes

So true but itā€™s his perfect batted touch down off the hurley that carries him into the situation to flick it past the keeper.

Itā€™s like with Messi, all those small perfect touches he takes where the ball is glued to create the angles to pass/shoot.

All the top guys in every field sport in the world have one thing in common, they all hone their technique on their own for hours and hours and probably much more than other competitors.

Whatā€™s the one common thing we nearly always say when an attacker has a bad day? His touch was off. Itā€™s the good first touch that buys them the time to do all the other stuff.

1 Like

Iā€™m more disappointed in @aristotle here, very concerning

With no touch, balance wonā€™t matter a solid fuck

2 Likes

It would take a lot more than Kev to convince me that sending any young fella into the ball alley or picking it against the gable end for an hour every day wonā€™t have a MASSIVE positive impact on their skills for the long term

8 Likes

Itā€™s a baffling position to take. I wonder if he ever did it himself. Two visits would be enough to realise what it does for you.