Kilkenny GAA thread

DJ, Henry then TJ

1 Like

Dj off the bench for goals.
Henry is about the same to me as Tj. Either or to start.

Love it.

DJ
TJ
Henry

1 Like

For fuck sake.

Start Henry… do what you want with the other two after.

1 Like

Sure Shefflin was useless

Henry was brilliant, just that DJ & TJ (and JJ & Tommy for that matter) were more brillianter

1 Like

I’m only messin

DJ was the goat.

The only player that can compare is Tipps Eoin Kelly in the mid 2000s

1 Like

Kelly would have been one of the greats if he was able to run.

4 Likes

duck and cover documentary GIF by Kino Lorber

3 Likes

Start - Henry
Bench - TJ
Leave home - DJ

Sorry DJ

You could start TJ or Henry and bring on DJ for a bit of excitement. Either of the boys would have it well won with 20 mins left

Does no one else think this question is plain stupid? Which or whether, the query comes from someone who thought, not long ago, most of Tipperary’s hurling problems could be solved by playing Michael Breen at full back. Enough said.

1 Like

Start TJ, bench DJ, leave Henry home

I was kinda thinking along those lines for a while. While DJ was an incredible hurler, the first one you’d pay the entrance fee for I don’t think he could carry a team like the other two could

There’s some merit in that based on underage hurling, that has sailed unfortunately.

Ah… I dislike that kind of thinking. And you would have that trio – plus Richie Power Jr – starting on any forward sextet whatsoever.

To be fair and clear, Kilkenny actually went down that silly road of thought when Pádraig Walsh was made full back.

Was talking to a former intercounty hurler (not for Kilkenny) a few weeks ago, a man now well in his eighties. He saw Christy Ring in his pomp – and later hurled against him in Railway Cup matches – and remains a fervent admirer of Ring’s gifts. But he said to me, almost wistfully: “TJ Reid is a fair bit better than Ring was.”

3 Likes

Mullinavat :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Yes good win for them.

Their West Meath opposition were shell shocked by their physicality, bit of quality there too TBF.

I think you have to look at what surrounded each player to really appreciate their greatness.

TJ for me has excelled form & leadership wise as the quality of panel has dropped. He has been immense on great teams but likewise on mediocre ones.

Similar with DJ imo.

Henry is a great but was always surrounded by the highest of quality support acts.

1 Like