Kilkenny GAA thread

TNH

He trained our first team one year. Not sure if I was still U21 or not. He was a right obnoxious fucker. Big ego and spoke to the players with little respect, not the kinda fella that would make you want to put yourself out for him

@locke it’s happened again

There was a Verekers fruit and veg shop in Ballybricken in Waterford in years gone by and one of the lads in my year in school was a Vereker.

2 Likes

I like this management team, I think they’re short on talented players and it would be a fair stretch for them to win something but I think they’ll get the very best out of the players at their disposal

The last we see of Richie Hogan in a Kilkenny jersey I hear.

Say it ain’t so :sob:

Go on…

Broke his hand last night in training.

Ffs, he deserved to go out on better terms than that if true. Absolutely sweet as a nut in his pomp.

3 Likes

I’d be fairly sure the lad who told me would be fairly clued in to the hurling world and has many connections. I’d be hoping he was told bullshit and Richie plays on Sunday/championship. Richie is a genius.

2 Likes

Hopefully there’s a crossed wire somewhere and it’s not the case, gutted for the chap if true though.

1 Like

Relax mate, he’s not dead.

1 Like
1 Like

Indeed.

How will the poor chap recover with his bag full of all Ireland medals to comfort him.

‘Hon the Vat

1 Like

I heard it happened in the Cork match.

1 Like

Was what me mate told me anyway.

I was looking at the Cork match there now. Seems he went down off the ball just before the penalty incident. Just after that there was the argy-bargy under the stand. He wasn’t involved in that as far as I could see, but was subbed during the bookings.

The Cork No.3 that got sent off, could have been sent off for the strike on Richie. It’s hard to know. A sad end to a great career if that’s the case.

Where would he rate in the pantheon of Kilkenny greats?