Kilkenny GAA thread

So what happened in there?

Our big game next weekend @Fran ?

O’Loughlins won, goalie made two or three fantastic saves and his puck-outs were terrific. It was a good, hard game
Ballyhale steamrolled The Village but we left that one early to go to a camogie match in Danesfort

2 Likes

The Lockes also beat GBC in the Minor B Shield final yesterday. More good news for the club.

Was up on JLP earlier with the nephew having a few pucks. I’m in bits here after it. One for the “Shit that makes you feel old” thread.

1 Like

Is this not a runner up trophy for teams who don’t make the semi finals of the B?

I was only there for the second game. Boys against men. Darragh Corcoran stood out. The Village have really regressed since last year. Whoever is over them mustn’t have a clue

It’s all been downhill since the Ballinakill massive

I’d say so. It would be around Laois lower senior championship level, those who would lose in a quarter final.

Not many Kilkenny clubs woukd get too excited about that sort of yoke you’d say

1 Like

Yep, don’t think I’m going to make it though :frowning:

Shamrocks peaking at the right time again.

1 Like

Chastening day for the Village. TJs pass for the first goal was a beauty.

1 Like

A real Rosenborg situation developing in Kilkenny senior club hurling @peddlerscross

1 Like

Ronnie O’Sullivan-esque in conception and execution.

Could – and should – have scored ten goals.

2 Likes

We have a number of Rosenburg situations developing across the country.

In many ways Club Hurling is not in a good place.

The likelihood is that we will end up with Ballyhale, Ballygunner, St Thomas’s and Slaughtneil in the All Ireland Semi Finals, the same teams that been there pretty much every year since 2019 bar an exception like Borris winning Munster once and Dunloy last year.

2019, 2020, 2022, 2023 and now 2024 - only for Covid they would all have been there in 2021 too.

1 Like

Patrickswell would bring a lot to it if they could get over NP somehow. I think they’d really get after Munster and AI for the lads to complete the medal set.

1 Like

Patrickswell are an interesting one in that their ‘supporting cast’ were written off as not being up to it, three months ago.

If they did win Limerick they would surely give be better in Munster this time round. They were way off it in 2019.

Na Piarsaigh have had a few go’s at it now since 2015/16 and seem to be in decline since losing the 2018 AI Final. They were ordinary against Doon last week and should have lost but for Doon being Doon. The game should bring NaP on a tonne though and they’d surely love another craic at BG at home.

1 Like

That match last week was the worst I’ve seen NP in a long while. Best chance the Well will have in next few years I’d say. Will never get the 3 lads all going as well at the one time.

1 Like

Tullogher beat Freshford to win the Junior 1-19 to 0-17.

What a year it’s been for Walter.

1 Like