Kilkenny GAA thread

But this is the thing. You have to be into the detail imho. If not you’ll have talented players, committed to the game, but ultimately will not win you senior all irelands.

Just inject them like Limerick and have done with it.

2 Likes

Hurling is a very technical game to coach, or the skills are anyway

1 Like

I agree. I was cackhanded myself up to the age of around 10-11 when the auld-boy saw it and made me change to conventional RHOT grip. I asked him why I had to make the change, he said if you don’t change you’ll never make it as a hurler, simple as. Made it a top priority over those next few days.

Still didn’t make it.

10 Likes

There’s a potential case study in there on the Reids alone. They’ve adapted in an unorthodox fashion with very positive results.

Patrick was orthodox RHOT, if I remember correctly?

1 Like

I’ve seen plenty of left handers hurl RHOT but it’s interesting it goes both ways.

Deadly post.

1 Like

I can’t find any evidence but am notn sure you’re right re Sheehan anyway. You’ve probably seen him hurl a lot more than me. He does something very awkward looking with his hands when striking off his left. Limited him as a county corner forward I felt.

Donnacha Fitzpatrick will be delighted with the mention in the same post as some of the greats of the game :grin:

As will Redser

OLG giving Shamrocks pucks of it

1 Like

Ballyhale bate again and this time there is no coming back.

Helluva game

OMG OLG

1 Like

Who runs the Kilkenny Twitter/X page? Not many updates on the flagship day in the calendar

1 Like

Well done Brian Hogan

1 Like

Ye were telt

16 Likes

Hon Paddy Deegan

A fuckin joke

Huw Lawlor captain of Kk next year?

Chapeau @Malarkey