Kilkenny GAA thread

Dublin has 10 times the population of Kilkenny.

Are you comparing….Dublin hurling to….Cork?

:crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Que?

Craanford will not be winning Leinster.

A 42 point win is a serious statement result

I don’t see any dubs on here complaining about fairness

*41 points.

This Thomastown team remind me of Tullaroan in 2019. Beaten in the previous few Intermediate finals and well primed to win an All-Ireland club and compete strongly at senior. I’ll predict that Thomastown reach a senior semi-final next year.

Richie Hogan on OTB now, he’s a good talker

1 Like

He’ll be an excellent analyst if he wants to go down that route.

Good listen. There’s an absolute clear-minded focus to him, more dedicated to technical mastery than maybe the free-willed impression I would have had of him

My usual spot for matches in Croke park would be on Hill 16 right in at the Cusack stand side. For most of the Tipp/KK matches over the past 15 years KK seemed to warm up in that corner. I would spend the majority of the warm up glued to him as pinged the ball around and controlled it effortlessly. He was the best bar none. All the other greats didnt have his silky wrists and soft hands. His touch never seemed to be affected by nerves like others.

Kk had a lad knocking around the panel around 07 or so called Eoin McCormack from the Village. He was the only one with a similar touch. Probably lacked a lot of the other attributes to be an IC hurler.

6 Likes

Mucky was class underage. He was probably a better soccer player, best in KK at his age. Went on trials with Palace or someone like that and would wear the shorts then in games. The fear factor going out to track a lad wearing premier league shorts!!!

2 Likes

Padraig Walsh has retired. Not a bad innings to be fair. He was fucked around a bit in later years IMO.

2 Likes

What was his innings?

Over a decade. 2 all Ireland’s. 2 more than most.

1 Like

True, wont really put him on too many Kilkenny lists mind you

No, nor would he deserve to be either, but he wasn’t a bad player at all.

1 Like

Mucky was the best player I played with or against at underage level in multiple sports. Hurling and soccer he was completely untouchable.

No retirement statement crafted by the GPA for Padraig. You’d respect him for that.

3 Likes