Kilkenny GAA thread

Great way to settle a few scores in a sport where you don’t mind getting a suspension or two in too

2 Likes

I suppose this a bit like junior hurling in Dublin

heap of lads play but most as junior as each other

There are 11 divisions (12 teams) in the Dublin Hurling League most of them junior

country lads not good enough for the first team at home, dubs who are not much good, dubs who play football at a decent level but will tog out occasionally for a hurling match when it suits and might actually be okay at hurling. I left out the bangers !

all in all quite a mix and good craic

2 Likes

still good going to get 30 teams out

anyways when are the county finals on? early March!

You never really know, could end up being this time next year if weather and the hurling schedule goes against them

1 Like

Football at lower levels is a lot easier than hurling to put in a passable performance. Soccer is big in Kilkenny and any decent soccer player is decent at football

Players can play with another club if no football in their own club. The blanchfieids played with graiugenamanagh for a couple of years.

5 of tulloghers starting team were 18 or 19 years old. Made all the difference really.

1 Like

Four Thomastown lads in the squad for this wkd. For the love of god give them a weekend off to recover / enjoy their wkd.

3 Likes

They should have told him to fuck off

1 Like

Just checked there.
They’ve the weekend off but on for the next match.

Are they not in the squad named for this wkd?

Don’t know, but not togging anyway.

1 Like

Did all 4 of the Thomastown lads named end up playing today? McDonald started, ZBH came on at half time and Donnelan and Connolly came on too i think. Not much of a break for them

We’re a small county, small numbers to pick from.

Serious bad form from management. Only thing I can think of as to why they’d do that is they see them as a box ticking exercise and not good enough.

While no doubt absolute cuntishness to ask that of them, more fool them to go along with it

You cant blame a player. Every player wants to play, they need to be minded from themselves. As @Loko_Cove says, its pure bad form. It was 2 second string sides playing in January and blowing out cobwebs, they didnt need to be played

Strength in numbers, they coulda all gone in and out as one. Wrong to ask them, eejits to go

Chaotic club final today. Have to feel for loughlins, especially Bergin. Needless to say, both teams had decisions go against them. Thomas 'stormed into it after the red card. Conor Cooney and David Burke showed great leadership. Cooney ended lawlors dominance on edge of square.

2 Likes

Anyone at it? What did OLG do with their extra man?